Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS

SLED HEADS General Sled Chat

Old 12-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Prospect

CatRider144 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What SD card is best for GoPro?

Wife & daughter got me a Gopro for Christmas, but I am not sure what SD card I need to get for it. Reading different posts on the internet just confused the issue even more!! Any suggestions on what you have & what works well? Class 4, 6... 32 GB..?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:08 AM
MENTOR/MOTIVATIONAL POSTER BUILDER

Sapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLP
Sapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLPSapling Offical PLP

Class 10 45/mbps min! 90/mbps preferred... Don't waste your time on anything else...
Old 12-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Just Got Here

DaFuzz is an unknown quantity at this point

I use a 32gb class 10 45 mb/sec Sandisk Extreme card with the same card as an empty backup card, never had any issues with those cards. I borrowed a Sandisk Extreme Pro card (class 10 95 mb/sec) and it didn't seem to make any differences. Have fun with your new toy!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:37 AM

ice Has earned a rub and tug from ARice Has earned a rub and tug from ARice Has earned a rub and tug from ARice Has earned a rub and tug from ARice Has earned a rub and tug from AR

i use sandisk extreme pro and lexar professional but anything class 10 and up will work but i don't recommend to get anything below 8gb if you are shooting in hd because it fills up pretty fast and if you are filling the sd it is more likely to crash.(not a big possibility but it can happen)
Old 12-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Corduroy Racer

Phatty Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Phatty Has earned a rub and tug from ARPhatty Has earned a rub and tug from ARPhatty Has earned a rub and tug from ARPhatty Has earned a rub and tug from ARPhatty Has earned a rub and tug from ARPhatty Has earned a rub and tug from ARPhatty Has earned a rub and tug from ARPhatty Has earned a rub and tug from ARPhatty Has earned a rub and tug from AR

you can get away with class 4,6 but you might lose some footage too.

Best stick with class 10 or higher cards. Any size will do, i personally ride with two 16 GB cards. usually will go through 2 batteries before i fill one 16 gig card (hero 3 black at 1080p 60 fps).
Old 12-26-2012, 11:40 AM
"Yes I'm a big deal"

Fordman Offical PLPFordman Offical PLPFordman Offical PLPFordman Offical PLP
Fordman Offical PLPFordman Offical PLPFordman Offical PLPFordman Offical PLPFordman Offical PLPFordman Offical PLPFordman Offical PLPFordman Offical PLP

I'm running the 64 in my hero black. Class 10. Just get the big card and not worry about space.

sent from the new sapling droid
Old 12-26-2012, 11:51 AM
REBEL

polarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from ARpolarisman Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRider144 View Post
Wife & daughter got me a Gopro for Christmas, but I am not sure what SD card I need to get for it. Reading different posts on the internet just confused the issue even more!! Any suggestions on what you have & what works well? Class 4, 6... 32 GB..?
I got one also. i need to get a card have you tried Best Buy?
2010 Ranger Reata 150 Yamaha 4 Stroke
9.9 Yamaha Kicker
Old 12-26-2012, 11:56 AM
REBEL

tmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
tmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from ARtmk50 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I have had good luck buying cards on amazon. Do a quick read on the reviews and grab a couple.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:02 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Be sure to find out what you are getting before you buy. Bought a 32gb off of Amazon. Pic showed a Class 10, got a Class 4. It works, but the footage has some slight stutters in it. The Class 10 is smooth as silk. Sold all the Class 4's to a guy that wanted them for his older cell phone (pics, not video).

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS