Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS

SLED HEADS General Sled Chat

Old 07-07-2010, 08:30 AM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Default Supercharged 2 stroke sleds?!? Yes Please!

Just found these guys online, videos look pretty impressive....

Anyone else hear of these guys?? Anyone guess how they work??

I would think a legit product in the one video they had Attitude Industries working exclusively on the mapping and they were talking about how impressed they were with the system.

http://www.ripcharger.com/

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 07-07-2010, 09:04 AM
REBEL

Corins Has earned a rub and tug from ARCorins Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Corins Has earned a rub and tug from ARCorins Has earned a rub and tug from ARCorins Has earned a rub and tug from ARCorins Has earned a rub and tug from ARCorins Has earned a rub and tug from ARCorins Has earned a rub and tug from ARCorins Has earned a rub and tug from ARCorins Has earned a rub and tug from ARCorins Has earned a rub and tug from ARCorins Has earned a rub and tug from ARCorins Has earned a rub and tug from ARCorins Has earned a rub and tug from ARCorins Has earned a rub and tug from ARCorins Has earned a rub and tug from ARCorins Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Very interesting, just something else I would like to have.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:08 AM

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Was looking closely at some of the pics they posted, trying to figure out how they drive that thing, directly off the primary? Sounds like a pretty top secret design the have, but I like they preach they are working on keeping the price low and sounds like they wil have setups for all the major brands.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:54 AM
REBEL

6Mile Has earned a rub and tug from AR
6Mile Has earned a rub and tug from AR6Mile Has earned a rub and tug from AR6Mile Has earned a rub and tug from AR6Mile Has earned a rub and tug from AR6Mile Has earned a rub and tug from AR6Mile Has earned a rub and tug from AR6Mile Has earned a rub and tug from AR6Mile Has earned a rub and tug from AR6Mile Has earned a rub and tug from AR6Mile Has earned a rub and tug from AR6Mile Has earned a rub and tug from AR6Mile Has earned a rub and tug from AR6Mile Has earned a rub and tug from AR6Mile Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Was is not our own Portgrinder on the old site that said this could not be done?

Where there is a will there is a way I guess. I hope this works out for them.

MNUSA http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org/
Old 07-07-2010, 11:54 AM
CAPTAIN

Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP
Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP

Looking at these pics, it looks to be a belt driven turbocharger driven right off the primary. (yes, I know, its a supercharger, not a turbocharger, but it does not look like what I think of when I think supercharger and it looks more like a belt driven turbocharger)

According to their "notes" the only difference between a turbocharger and a supercharger is exhaust driven versus mechanically driven (belt). When I think of a supercharger, I think of a screw type you would see on a blower on a car/truck.

I wonder howmuch additional "drag" it puts on the motor to turn the charger...
Old 07-07-2010, 12:13 PM
REBEL

Anylizer Offical PLPAnylizer Offical PLPAnylizer Offical PLPAnylizer Offical PLP
Anylizer Offical PLPAnylizer Offical PLPAnylizer Offical PLPAnylizer Offical PLPAnylizer Offical PLPAnylizer Offical PLPAnylizer Offical PLPAnylizer Offical PLP

Same basic type of setup that Mountain Performance uses for their supercharger kits for Yamaha. If I remember correctly SC take 1-3 Hp to turn them. I'm sure it depends on how much boost you are trying to obtain. The lack of heat is the best part of SC.... IMHO.

A.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:00 PM

Weston, you are thinking of a positive displacement setup, like the *-71 series from GMC. This is a dynamic setup mostly known as a centrifugal style, they accelerate the air speed then slow the velocity down for pressure, where the PD setups are fixed volume but I think they decrease at higher RPM as its constant.

It appears to be close enough that the rear mounting bracket is close enough to the primary that they could be driven off of either a chain or the same cogs that are used for the e-start on a primary? (notice the notched out primary cover to tuck that in there tight)

With enough gear reduction between the two and showing the 1lb of boost at idle in the one video, and the boost numbers they say they are running at wide open, the RPM ratio is consistant from what an idle RPM is to full throttle RPM in relationship to boost, 1lb at say 1500 and 5-6 at WOT??

Old 07-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Prospect

DaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from AR
DaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from ARDaveB Has earned a rub and tug from AR

They said one of the hurdles was changing the exhaust to allow the extra charge to stay in the cylinder. If I remember correctly, Portgrinder (Joel) said that the supercharger wouldn't work due to the pipe design of the two stroke. My theory is, that you don't need an expansion-chamber-type exhaust with a supercharger, as the positive pressure will push the exhaust out....but I'm just guessing. Looking forward to seeing these Ripchargers work.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:37 PM
CAPTAIN

Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP
Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP

getting pretty technical in here!

Old 07-07-2010, 02:02 PM
"SECRET SERVICE"

intmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLP
intmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
Looking at these pics, it looks to be a belt driven turbocharger driven right off the primary. (yes, I know, its a supercharger, not a turbocharger, but it does not look like what I think of when I think supercharger and it looks more like a belt driven turbocharger)

According to their "notes" the only difference between a turbocharger and a supercharger is exhaust driven versus mechanically driven (belt). When I think of a supercharger, I think of a screw type you would see on a blower on a car/truck.

I wonder howmuch additional "drag" it puts on the motor to turn the charger...
arent all "superchargers" crank driven?