Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > MINNESOTA

Old 07-02-2018, 08:17 AM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Default Winnipeg I-500 kaput .

Brian Nelson has decided to "throw in the towel" on the historic race that began almost 50 years ago.
I have worked with Brian for many years on races, and I know that organizing the logistics, permits, and many, many expenses, have cost him 10's of thousands of Dollars out of pocket, and major sponsors have pulled out without warning. Plus he is now age 65.

Read his statement from the USXC website.
Information on the 2019 USXC Schedule
usxclogonewswebInformation on the 2019 USXC Schedule

"We have had a number of racers ask us why the I-500 is not on the 2019 schedule. Although we love the event and it has been a part of my life since 1971, the race just doesn’t make financial sense any more. I want to thank the snowmobile clubs that provided spotters and support, the law enforcement departments in all the counties we raced through, the sponsors and the hundreds of individual people that helped and supported the event. The reasons we are not running it in 2019 are:

The hours it takes to mark 525 miles and pick up the markers, the time it takes to do the permits, make sure every road crossing is manned, and all the logistics of putting it together. This one event takes almost as much time as all the rest of our events combined.
The 3-day entrees are less every year, the last day entrees are up a bit but they don’t add much to the financial aspect. This is due to the cost of teams racing the event plus the time they have to take off work, etc. And the general state of the snowmobile industry! There are just not as many racers as there once was. Hopefully the weather changes and the sport can start growing again.
We will be trying a few new events this year where we can charge a gate, ERX and a ski hill event to be announced. This type of event adds revenue and takes a lot less time and expense to set up.
I would like to thank all the racers and crews that did support and enjoy the race in the past. Maybe someday with help from mother nature we can run the I-500 again."

Best Regards,
Brian Nelson

Last edited by Snowizard; 07-02-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:16 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Bummer. Those big races look like fun.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 07-02-2018, 12:17 PM
REBEL

05900 Has earned a rub and tug from AR05900 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
05900 Has earned a rub and tug from AR05900 Has earned a rub and tug from AR05900 Has earned a rub and tug from AR05900 Has earned a rub and tug from AR05900 Has earned a rub and tug from AR05900 Has earned a rub and tug from AR05900 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

"And the general state of the snowmobile industry! There are just not as many racers as there once was. Hopefully the weather changes and the sport can start growing again."

Substitute racers for posters etc . .
Old 07-02-2018, 06:33 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

inside info tells me ski gull maybe on the list
Old 07-03-2018, 09:22 AM
REBEL

ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP
ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP

Insurance has had the biggest role in killing snowmobile racing. I had a role in racing out west here and it was a expensive killer esp for cross country
Old 07-03-2018, 10:18 AM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Du View Post
inside info tells me ski gull maybe on the list
That would be fun.
Although I have not heard any rumors among the 12 clubs in the CWCSTA {trail association, inc.}
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > MINNESOTA