Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > IDAHO

Old 01-05-2011, 04:58 PM
REBEL

whee Has earned a rub and tug from AR
whee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Palisades-Bear Creek

Anybody ride up there?? I've been up the trail a ways back in my dirt bike days but its been a while. Wanted to give it a go last week but decided to hang a left and ride up Big Elk. I sorta remember some steep stuff back in there and I didnt want to spend the day diggin out the short track we had with us.

Just look for some general info.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:24 AM
Prospect

tech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from AR
tech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Never been in there on sleds, dirtbikes a lot... It might be sketchy down low
due to the high willows and multiple creek crossings...if you could ride up
the creek it would be best... a lot of hill climbs if you can get to em...
Old 01-08-2011, 07:42 AM
REBEL

whee Has earned a rub and tug from AR
whee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Thanks tech. It is all the creek crossings during the first couple miles that I am most worried about. But I couldn't remember what was further up. I sorta remembered it got kinda narrow and the creek took up most of the canyon with the bike trail was cut into the hillside. Maybe I'm remembering wrong??

Was gonna give it a go today but I'm sick...boss sent me home early yesterday.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Prospect

tech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from AR
tech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from ARtech a Has earned a rub and tug from AR

It gets narrow about 3-4 miles up, but, the main reason the bike trail was moved to the sidehill is because the creek is too deep early in the year to cross. A lot of side canyons to explore as well. If you could get to the second major drainage on the right I think you could climb all the way out
then head south to where skyline ridge dumps into brockman, just west of
Little Elk mtn...
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > IDAHO