Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS

BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS We all like to see builds from the crate up. Bring us along for the creation.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:49 AM
Prospect

crdude Has earned a rub and tug from AR
crdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Assault project

well, picked up a 14' assault rmk with a blown bottom end for what I felt was a pretty good deal at 2200, could have gotten it cheaper but he threw in some extras as well as a cover.
needed something to work on anyways.

Its a little rough around the edges, but was surprisingly clean and fairly good shape considering what the sleds been put threw and has a cool history behind the sled.

previous owner told me its been geared down, and the shocks have been valved stiffer.

anyways, here she is.

I picked up a bottom end for $300, then another $300 on everything to rebuild the top end. Unfortunatly one of the rings that came with the pistons was bent, so tomorrow I'll be heading back to the Polaris dealership to see if they will exchange it for a new one.

I was a bit skeptical about the cylinder I had, but after hitting it with the hone it cleaned right up.
And I'm all about making youtube vids, so heres one as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrkMvUIIEaM&t=104s

Things I want/need to do to it-
replace lower A arm
swap out stock rear shocks for a better set I have
straighten the tunnel, add more braces
rear bumper needs replaced, planning on building my own.
finish removing paint from hood and repaint it.
swap the seat for an all black one
find a can for it, I cant do stock lol
I could use a slp pipe I have laying around if I can get away with stock mapping, I do have a PC5 laying around but not sure if I really want to mess with it or not.
rebuild front shocks
add gas rack
I do want to have the rails, a arms and spindles PC'd blue.
remove stock running boards and put my skinz air frames on it

I'm sure theres more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Last edited by crdude; 08-08-2017 at 04:05 AM.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:16 AM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

give the cylinder skirts a good hard look for cracks at the connecting edges.
why did the last motor go down?
Old 08-08-2017, 11:36 AM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Nice!
The Assaults are a lot of fun.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 08-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Prospect

crdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76FoMoCo View Post
give the cylinder skirts a good hard look for cracks at the connecting edges.
why did the last motor go down?
Crank broke, near the edge of the case on the clutch side.
Other engine stuck a ring on the intake side I guess.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:09 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Nice find

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 08-08-2017, 09:55 PM
Prospect

Went and talked to the polaris dealership, they didn't have any rings or other spi piston kits so I have to wait another week to put the engine together.

So I guess for now I'm going to address the other thing with the sled, currently trying to come up with a design to use when I build a rear bumper.

Last edited by crdude; 08-08-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Prospect

So I did a quick drawing and some rough measurements, this is what I have in mind for my rear bumper.

My thoughts on it were I planned on using my braces from my pro on the assault, but if it's intergrated into the bumper it will have a cleaner look and still provide additional strength to the tunnel.

I don't have a tube bender unfortunately, so the grab handle will be a straight peace of tube.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:03 AM
Prospect

Well, got one side almost done. Few little tweaks and tomorrow I'll use it as a template for the other side. Might make an extra as a template so I can make more in the future.

g
Old 08-11-2017, 02:37 AM
Prospect

added a gas rack
replaced the burandt running boards with skinz airframes
straightened the tunnel

Old 08-11-2017, 08:41 AM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

lookin good.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS