Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > STREET BIKES

Old 08-20-2012, 01:34 PM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP
xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP

And listen to TT, if it weren't for him telling me to pick my hands up WHEN I went down I would have been relying soley on the wife for certain things while the skin grew back.

Dirt doesn't wear through gloves like asphalt does and they don't tell you the little tips for wrecking in class.

Proud member of the BCR Chit Box Brain Trust!!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 03:46 PM
REBEL

woolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from AR
woolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from ARwoolywag Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I will deffenently take a safety course , and I should have clarified , we are taking the bikes out in a toy hauler , so it will be mostly day trips once there , I talked to a freind who owns the same bike and his wife hates it and they are buying a ultra glyde , so it may not be what i want afterall i like the looks of it but TT is correct , my wife needs to like the bike to , I can buy alot of new bike , Kawi, Yahmi , honda for less then a used HD , a good, close dealer means alot , and i have a kawi/yahmi dealer 3 miles from me and have nothing but good to say , not sure about the bike line, on either
Old 08-20-2012, 05:43 PM
WELCOME WAGON

Ollie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLP
Ollie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLP

If your 2 uping, that changes everything.
The soft tail is a good single bike and an ok every now and then 2 up, but if you are looking at taking any kind of trip as a 2 up, I would look at something else.
The ride will be harsh and not very confortable for 2.

Member #81
Old 08-20-2012, 10:58 PM
I like saying Undies

firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP
firecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLPfirecatguy Offical PLP

friend has same bike.....for him and g\f he bought a heratage....as for the use of that bike for just you and your trailer to rally...good bike dont be afraid to buy it.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:30 AM
REBEL

Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR

My 2012 Vegas

07 X-RS, SHR860R, aftermarket this, modified that blah blah blah......sold
07 X-RS, SHR800R.....sold
06 summit-X, SHR 800HO, big wheels, big track, still not fast.....sold

2005 CR500AF, ported, polished, and built by me.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:59 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP

Nothing wrong with a good metric bike, especially if you have a good dealer.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:55 AM
WELCOME WAGON

Ollie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
Nothing wrong with a good metric bike, especially if you have a good dealer.
"going to sturgis"

Member #81
Old 08-21-2012, 07:04 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
"going to sturgis"
You saying Wooly is suffering from middle age like everyone else on a Harley at Sturgis?

Old 08-21-2012, 09:53 AM
WELCOME WAGON

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
You saying Wooly is suffering from middle age like everyone else on a Harley at Sturgis?
You don't have to go to sturgis to want a harley.
Middle age helps since you can actually afford one though.
I got mine at 44

Member #81
Old 08-21-2012, 09:58 AM
REBEL

Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I think its funny how the majority of people I've talked to think my bike is a "metric" bike

07 X-RS, SHR860R, aftermarket this, modified that blah blah blah......sold
07 X-RS, SHR800R.....sold
06 summit-X, SHR 800HO, big wheels, big track, still not fast.....sold

2005 CR500AF, ported, polished, and built by me.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > STREET BIKES