Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > DAKOTAS

Old 03-13-2013, 04:12 AM
REBEL

FatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
FatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default ND Boys back from W. Yellowstone

Another good trip in the books. Unbelievable weather, good snow and everyone came home in one piece, which is always a bonus.

First day we rode Upper and Lower Tepee Creek. Second day consisted of running up to Lion's Head, dropping back down into Targhee Creek and then up Targhee Creek. Once up Targhee Creek, we climbed the back side of Lion's Head and then over and up into the main bowl of Bald Peak, which was great!!!

A little fun before we started the extended drop into Tepee Creek,

Once we started our extended decent (suppose to be a short cut) we realized once again why they say, don't explore down hill. Our little short cut, took three hours to go a 1/4 mile, which in that distance we dropped about 900 feet through the trees.

Here's looking back up at one point where we came from,

Looking down at one point as to where we needed to side hill across and down.

Another spot looking down where went, yes through those trees.

Looking back down to where we needed to go,

Another one looking back up from where we came from,

Needless to say it was a little nerve racking but fun challenging everyone in the group. We finally made it down and out, which was a great feeling!!!

I've got plenty more, so I'll post up more later,

Nick and Josh, feel free to add to the mix.
HD Street Glide
Legend enclosed (The Toy Box)

Old 03-13-2013, 08:26 AM
REBEL

Quinlan Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Quinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from AR

A few more shots before we made it to Tepee.

A couple shots from our supposed shortcut...or "Snickers Creek" as Jim liked to call it...because once you drop in...you ain't going anywhere for awhile!

Josh stuck at one point. It was rumored he did some sort of sweet spin/wipe out maneuver on this one. I was in no position to view such action though...

Waiting for him to straighten out his sled, I hung out in the chute for awhile. Thankfully I was able to get stopped where I did, or we would have had a nasty pile up below...

Josh stuck again a little while later. He went left...should have went right. He's right in the creek bed at this point...thankfully we did not find water.

Mike came back in to help us dig out. He lost his sidehill and went for a tumble...

I think that wraps up my pics from day one. I have some video that I've been flipping through. It's nothing great, but I might compile some of it over the next few nights. We'll see how ambitious I feel...

A mountain lion roaming the prairie found a bull, killed it, and ate the entire bull. With a heavy belly, unable to walk, the lion laid in the tall grass moaning and roaring. Soon a hunter, attracted by the roaring, shot and killed the lion. Moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:42 PM
REBEL

RMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from AR
RMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post

Josh stuck at one point. It was rumored he did some sort of sweet spin/wipe out maneuver on this one. I was in no position to view such action though...
I wish someone would have seen that, or at least had my gopro on so I could see what the fawk happened there.

I was going down the steep chute at a fast rate and realized I needed to quickly pull a sidehill to stay out of the trees. I pulled the sled over and held it WOT when all of sudden snow was violently flying everywhere and I was at a dead stop laying acoss the side panel of the sled,I believe I hit a wall of hard snow that was under the fresh snow. The sled was now somehow pointing back up the chute I had just come down and was covered with snow. I hit my bicep on the end of the bars and have a bruise that goes half ways around my arm because of it.

Aftermath pics

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bruise.jpg (58.3 KB, 87 views)
Member #108

'16 Axys RMK 800

Last edited by RMK-King; 03-13-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:23 PM
REBEL

FatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
FatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Second day we ended up riding Lion's Head and then down into Targhee Creek. Once in Targhee Creek we rode that back north and ended up climbing the back side of Lion's Head and then up into the bowl on Bald Peak.

Tree riding was pretty good while in Targhee Creek, here's a few shots from the extended front bumper mount.

These next few, it got a little tight!!!

I'll try and get another group of pics together later.
HD Street Glide

Old 03-13-2013, 07:32 PM
REBEL

Quinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Couple pics from day 2...

Looking down upon the world.

Couple shots of the boys climbing Bald Peak...

Mike hanging out on a sidehill...

At one point Josh yells "Check out Jim's sled!" I look over to see it ghost ride itself down the hill, only to end up like so...

Where's Jim you ask? He must have decided he needed a breather and abandoned ship...

A mountain lion roaming the prairie found a bull, killed it, and ate the entire bull. With a heavy belly, unable to walk, the lion laid in the tall grass moaning and roaring. Soon a hunter, attracted by the roaring, shot and killed the lion. Moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:07 AM
REBEL

7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Definitely looks like it was a blast! Seems like you guys have been hitting the sweet spots pretty regularly this year.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-14-2013, 07:51 AM
REBEL

I didn't have much for footage this trip, but I managed to compile 5 minutes worth of video anyway. For some reason the transitions in the second half of the video didn't save. Oh well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AB_xAaoGAM

Last edited by Quinlan; 03-14-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:42 PM
REBEL

Figured I would add a few more,

This was on the way up Targhee Creek. A lot of really cool side hills and chutes to run up towards the end.

Little high marking

Some more side hilling across the faces.

Side hilling / from behind the bars. If you tilt the screen to the left, so the trees are straight it gives a better idea.

This view is from Lion's Head, looking towards the south west at Sawtell, Jefferson and Reas (off in the distance)

This is also from Lion's Head, looking to the west towards Bald Peak. We actually made it over and up into the bowl.

Looking up into the bowl on Bald Peak. That little spot is one of the boys! This was an awesome place, these pics don't do it justice!

Another one, looking up into the bowl.

These next few were climbing up and then side hilling across the face. It's hard to see how steep it was, but if you tilt the screen to the right, so the rocks are straight up and down, it puts it more into perspective

HD Street Glide

Last edited by FatDog; 03-14-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:23 PM
REBEL

Little tree riding video from Targhee Creek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Ou3...ature=youtu.be
HD Street Glide

Old 03-14-2013, 05:49 PM
REBEL

7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR7.62 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDog View Post
..This is also from Lion's Head, looking to the west towards Bald Peak. We actually made it over and up into the bowl.
That's awesome. I've had that spot marked on Google earth since my first trip west. Just never been clear enough to see if it was doable without following the creek all the way up.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > DAKOTAS