Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS

SLED HEADS General Sled Chat

Old 04-10-2018, 09:06 AM
REBEL

mudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from AR
mudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from AR

The two days i rode it it felt great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-10-2018, 10:32 AM
REBEL

mudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from AR
mudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from ARmudeyes Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default First brand new sled!!!

So now that i have a few of u guys talking what are your suggestions on a few upgrades i am on a budget not saying i can do all u guys suggest but thought it would be fun to get options and opinions for down the road like put a can on or pipe can combo ( which brand is best or leave stock leaning toward just a can HPS possibly ), change any clutching, gear down (worth it or not), narrower front end or anything else that is minor but a good upgrade

Last edited by mudeyes; 04-10-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:58 AM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Can's an easy way to shave weight. The stock cans are stupid huge/heavy. With just about any other can, there's room for a muffpot in there.

Stock width on the Pro is fine for backcountry use. 36 is a little too narrow from what i've heard. Lose a lot of trail manners for only a small increase in performance in the deep snow.

Windshield bag is nice, the little cubby is way too small for anything but maybe a granola bar or two; the bag lets you shove a pair of gloves, hat, and fog rag in there.

Have the clutches spin-balanced. Polaris still isn't real good about doing that from the factory.

Iceage rails if you do anything dumb (like racing).

Buy a case or two of oil and ride it.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 04-10-2018, 02:09 PM
REBEL

Thanks for the info i was thinking of the clutch balancing my brother and another guy i know did that

Old 04-10-2018, 07:47 PM
REBEL

JOPPY Has earned a rub and tug from ARJOPPY Has earned a rub and tug from AR
JOPPY Has earned a rub and tug from ARJOPPY Has earned a rub and tug from ARJOPPY Has earned a rub and tug from ARJOPPY Has earned a rub and tug from ARJOPPY Has earned a rub and tug from ARJOPPY Has earned a rub and tug from ARJOPPY Has earned a rub and tug from ARJOPPY Has earned a rub and tug from ARJOPPY Has earned a rub and tug from ARJOPPY Has earned a rub and tug from ARJOPPY Has earned a rub and tug from AR

After market can for sure. New pipe and can if you can swing it. Always had good luck with SLP.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:02 AM
REBEL

Quinlan Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Quinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from ARQuinlan Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Tether, exhaust can, gear down, and probably bumpers would be on my list. Beyond that, balancing the clutch is likely a good idea. I like the idea of aftermarket a-arms as well (stock width), but that may not be entirely necessary. I saw a stock set take a pretty good beating my last trip out and came out unscathed.

A mountain lion roaming the prairie found a bull, killed it, and ate the entire bull. With a heavy belly, unable to walk, the lion laid in the tall grass moaning and roaring. Soon a hunter, attracted by the roaring, shot and killed the lion. Moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut!
Old 04-11-2018, 10:49 AM

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Ah yeah, tether should be a given though...

GET THE HINT, POLARIS!!!
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 04-12-2018, 11:26 AM
REBEL

I agree why canít polaris figure out that a tether is a must
I cant believe its not required

Old 04-12-2018, 07:39 PM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

all doo's have them and now cat comes with them stock. so Poo.... WTF?
Old 04-12-2018, 08:05 PM

It is required on the race track, which is why they're standard on race sleds.

But even those suck ... shitty rubber-cap style ones that barely make it through a season.
I am a Snowmobiler!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS