Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > PROJECT REBEL PRO

PROJECT REBEL PRO BCR Project Sled

Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default WRP GAUGE LIFTER AND SEAT

Wasatch Recreational Products <<<<LINK Makes some amazing aftermarket goodies for us sledders. The fit/finish on these products blew me away.

WRP decided that Project Rebel Pro needed a killer new seat and a gauge lifter.
These are just install pics, I will have some better pics of these items once on the snow and some feedback for them.

First we will start off with the seat. The seat we decided to use in the "low rider" series. It is 2" lower than the stock seat. When I first took it out of the package it looks longer than the 13' stock seat. However it is actually almost identical in length.
The install on this is crazy simple. First remove your stock seat via the seat support going to the tunnel. Next remove stock seat support from stock seat via the two 10mm nuts going into the seat. Next install this support bracket on to your new WRP seat via the two supplied allen headed bolts. Re-install seat.. DONE!!!

Heres what it looks like... The 11/12 under seat polaris bag fits like a glove in there as the angle of the seat bracket is changed just a little from stock.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:50 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Ok that seat was easy, only a beer to complete... now onto the gauge lifter.

I personally love to have the gauge in an easy place to see. Especially when i'm trying to hang onto the sled under boost via boondocker to see whats happening with RPM, see water temp, ect..

I went down this rode rather than polaris's new gauge lifter/storage bag for two different reasons. One the polaris bag IMO is hideous looking.. Two the WRP also acts as a vent Its crazy how much heat comes out...

Ok so start by removing your hood. Then remove enough of the airbox stuff to get to this look. (mine is already looks like below)

Now you don't have to remove headlight to complete, but its way easier. So get it out of there. five screw total. Two on above view, one of the front of light, two (black) on the outside of hood on each side.. Once done unhook the factory plug from the gauge and remove gauge. Take a little time and go slow removing gauge it is usually in there pretty good. This will be your view once completed

Now align the vent piece with the slot side down. Fit this vent so there is equal hood under all sides of the vent.. Use some tape or buddy to hold in place and double check it. There isn't a lot of hood there to drill in to. Once you have it set. Drill your first hole..

Now place a bolt through and lightly snug it. Repeat that on the next three.. make sure to check it hasn't moved on you. Make sure you have brought your factory gauge connector through the slot.

Next comes the worst part of the install. Installing the stock gasket onto the gauge and getting gauge into bracket (make sure gauge is facing the right way I got to redo mine I blamed it on the beer). It wasn't so bad after I found a little trick. Use a little water and a screw driver... NO DON'T PRY ON THE DAMN THING.. use the screw driver to feed the edges of the rubber past the bracket like so.

Ok, see that wasn't so bad ... Now lets get it mounted.. Place a bolt through one side just enough to hold one of the plastic bushings in place.. Like so

Now place the gauge bracket inside of the vent bracket and push the bolt through the hole.. Repeat on other side and tighten like so

You can fine tune the angle once you have it back on the sled.. I guessed on mine and seems perfect. Now reinstall the light and other items you needed to take off and boom your DONE!!!! pretty dang easy.. and look at the results

Both the seat and the gauge lifter can be found on their site here>>>> http://www.wr-products.com/ .....You will also find lots of other goodies they make on there. So check it out

Old 01-31-2013, 09:34 AM
"Dead Sexeh Cougar Bait"

RMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLP
RMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLP

Question on the gauge lifter... does the gauge sit much above the highest spot on the hood? I have the Mountain Fit gauge lifter on my sled, and with the gauge where I want it to be it's just a hair above the hood. In powder it wasn't an issue when I had to roll my sled out, but I had to roll it out on some hard set-up snow and it knocked it out of alignment. Not a huge deal I know, but if the WRP sits just a bit lower I may pick one up and swap out to see if I like it any better.
90 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
91 XR 200R
Plus snow and dirt toys for the kiddos too

Honey badger would approve this message, but he don't give a sh!t.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 AM
Is that a fat guy joke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMKcowboy View Post
Question on the gauge lifter... does the gauge sit much above the highest spot on the hood? I have the Mountain Fit gauge lifter on my sled, and with the gauge where I want it to be it's just a hair above the hood. In powder it wasn't an issue when I had to roll my sled out, but I had to roll it out on some hard set-up snow and it knocked it out of alignment. Not a huge deal I know, but if the WRP sits just a bit lower I may pick one up and swap out to see if I like it any better.
To be honest I looked at it and don't remember.. Once i get home.. I will snap a pic of its height and post it here for ya.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:48 AM
"Dead Sexeh Cougar Bait"

RMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLP
RMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLP

I appreciate it, thanks!
90 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
91 XR 200R

Old 01-31-2013, 08:20 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

Here is a pic on the height of the gauge compared to the hood/windshield

It is defiantly above it.. So ya will probably move down a little if you were to roll it on hard pan.. I've had this same setup on a dragon and a pro but never had this issue.. just roll it faster
Old 02-13-2013, 01:20 PM
"Dead Sexeh Cougar Bait"

Thanks Rebel. For comparison's sake, here's a shot of mine:

Looks like mine actually sits up just a bit higher, but it could just be the angle of the gauge.
90 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
91 XR 200R

Old 02-13-2013, 03:45 PM
REBEL

Beels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLP
Beels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLP

I have the WRP lifter on my '12 and haven't had any issues with the gauge while rolling over to get unstuck. Seems like the bars are high enough to take the stress off it even if it does peak slightly above the dash plastic.
Rebel #244
Old 02-13-2013, 04:05 PM
"Dead Sexeh Cougar Bait"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beels View Post
I have the WRP lifter on my '12 and haven't had any issues with the gauge while rolling over to get unstuck. Seems like the bars are high enough to take the stress off it even if it does peak slightly above the dash plastic.
The last time I rolled my sled out (extremely hard snow) it pushed the gauge down and slightly bent the lifter. Probably not an issue for 95% of the time, but if you just happen to be on really hard stuff maybe its best to find an option other than rolling it out.
90 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
91 XR 200R

Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > PROJECT REBEL PRO