Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > WASHINGTON

Old 03-12-2012, 03:35 PM
"Resident two-year old"

Graveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLP
Graveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline Revolution View Post
I'm all for it as long as our crooked state government doesn't "Sweep" (great word for stealing) it into the general fund like they planned.
I'd hate to know I was in favor of something that ended up just lining the pockets of the crooks in the end.

its a wait and see game....I'll definitely be waiting till the snow flies next winter for any last second appropriations by our Gov....
Old 03-12-2012, 03:36 PM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

They just want you to pay more in now before they sweep it so they have more to collect!

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 03-12-2012, 04:55 PM
"Sick and Twisted"

Adrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLP
Adrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1334 View Post
They just want you to pay more in now before they sweep it so they have more to collect!
That's what I'm afraid of.

Out here Rob, we have just flat run out of money for proper grooming and road/snopark clearing.
The only way to fix that is to give them more $$$ to do a better job. Some of the groomers end up losing money due to rising fuel costs and break downs.
They can't afford to buy new equipment because we've been paying in the same amount we have been for decades.
Everything costs more now... So should the tabs if we are to continue to get great parks, law enforcement, patrolling and grooming.

Most riders understand this and are all for it but the fear that the Bitch we have running our state will take it causes a little apprehension.
BCR #343
Proud member of team WTF?

A Little Older, A Little Wiser...
Well, A Little Older Anyway
http://www.northwestglaciercruisers.com/
http://www.wssa.us/
http://www.snowmobile-alliance.org/
http://www.sharetrails.org/
http://www.nwac.us/

Old 03-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Prospect

CleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR
CleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARCleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARCleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARCleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARCleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARCleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Thanks for the info Matt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline Revolution View Post

Most riders understand this and are all for it but the fear that the Bitch we have running our state will take it causes a little apprehension.
Well unfortunately if Inslee becomes the next WA Gov in the upcoming elections, we will be no better off and perhaps in worse shape.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:22 PM
REBEL

H20SKE Has earned a rub and tug from ARH20SKE Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Lance/Dave:

Exactly right here----but it is also our reps and congresspeople--They are 90% lieing theives.

I will not approve any fee increase untill we see what happens in this emergency session in Oly Oly OOOOHHHH.

The republicians have tried blocking the sweep with some help from a few Demo's that crossed over.

I will be watching before I approve anything----and if they do sweep---I will be riding illegeal from here on out--this well will dry up quickly.

If they show the funds managed by someone other than the state for our funds--I am good with the increase.

Dick---Well put as always!!

NW Glacier Cruisers
Old 03-12-2012, 07:25 PM
REBEL

mdmead---Pop on to this and see the attitude towards funding towards the state if they raid our funds.

http://www.backcountryrebels.com/sho...t=21572&page=2

NW Glacier Cruisers
Old 03-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Just Got Here

BackcountryKent Has earned a rub and tug from ARBackcountryKent Has earned a rub and tug from ARBackcountryKent Has earned a rub and tug from ARBackcountryKent Has earned a rub and tug from ARBackcountryKent Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Angry

Somehow, there is never enough money to go around even though this sport is much more popular than it was 35 years ago when I began riding as a kid (and the annual fee was about $8).

$40 more per sled is a MASSIVE increase. For all of you that think "oh well, what is 40 more dollars per machine" your thinking is much too elementary. This is over a 100% increase from this year to the next. I love this recreation so much that I will pay it if it means there will be a reasonable improvement in grooming. But this money needs to go mostly to the groomers and some to better enforcement. I am growing exhausted seeing non-motorized snowshoers, X-country skiers and holyer-than-thou Sierra club sympathizers parking in our self-funded areas without proper permits. So tired of these losers utilizing our paid for groomed trails with no outlay of their earned money.

And another thing... If I see that dusty crotch a.k.a. Gregwhore, or any of the other leftist-environmental-A wipes transfer these funds to the general fund, I will NEVER pay the fees again. And- I will keep buying sleds and riding. BTW, pretty much every sledder I know has the same attitude on this matter. There are no more chances for the state leadership anymore regarding this matter.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:44 PM

JETJOHNSO Has earned a rub and tug from ARJETJOHNSO Has earned a rub and tug from ARJETJOHNSO Has earned a rub and tug from ARJETJOHNSO Has earned a rub and tug from ARJETJOHNSO Has earned a rub and tug from ARJETJOHNSO Has earned a rub and tug from ARJETJOHNSO Has earned a rub and tug from ARJETJOHNSO Has earned a rub and tug from ARJETJOHNSO Has earned a rub and tug from ARJETJOHNSO Has earned a rub and tug from ARJETJOHNSO Has earned a rub and tug from ARJETJOHNSO Has earned a rub and tug from ARJETJOHNSO Has earned a rub and tug from ARJETJOHNSO Has earned a rub and tug from ARJETJOHNSO Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default SOME IN-SIGHT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To All, some of this info was directed to some threads on the Sno West forum so please dont take some of this wrong, there were some people over there really doing some bashing and complaining which gets my hair on end.
There is so much miss-understanding of our snowmobile program . i know the majority (I think) of the riders get it but alot still dont. We pay to play, All of our money goes into OUR dedicated MOTORIZED winter account, State parks over see's it but a panel of Snowmbilers sit on the board and get to say when where why and how much , they watch every dime of your money you pay in. For crying out loud we've had no registration increase in how many years ??? almost 8-10 years ?>>??? You dont think it cost more now to PLOW, GROOM, SANICANS, LAND USE PERMITS, SNOPARK EXPANTION, ect ect ect than it did back in 2003 or 2004??? Have you seen the price of diesel ??? Everything cost a HELL of a lot more than it did back than. We are taking in nearly the same amount to do what was expected back than NOW. It just doesnt work, I'm so tired of hearing these people say the STATE is going to get all this increased money and rip us off, IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, you have very dedicated bunch of people from WSSA and the Grooming Council that will fight to the death to control this. It's mostly our own people looking out for us. You guys and gals who bitch about the grooming or the plowing, You know why, ?? because we have had to take cuts in all area's of the state, we are close to a Million dollars short of where we need to be to sustain what we used to have. And you people bashing WSSA, guess what , with out them you might not have Lake Ann, Baker, and many other area's you ride open to you. They have fought so many battles and spent Hundredes of thousands on land use battles and legal fee's and your going to stop paying your $ 20 a year to support them,,,,??? You have got to be kidding right. Do you have any idea what they have done for the snowmobilers or our state ??? Obviously not. So for any extra $ 40 a year you are going to ride in Oregon, Idaho , Montana ? One trip there will cost you a ton more than $ 40 reg fee increase, This is a state wide program with over 100 snoparks to maintain and miles and miles of trailer to groome and keep open. I have 6 sleds in my family and I'm not a rich guy by any means. but I will save up and cough up the extra $ 240 a year to ride on groomed trails and drive on plowed roads. AND ALSO, THIS INCREASE WOULD MOST LIKELY TAKE 2 YEARS before it will even happen. For every negative comment on here I can probably give 3 positives and clear up some OUT RIGHT LIES that are going around. I can see that a lot of you are really miss-informed as to how it all works. No grooming or no plowing , now thats really intesting, I wonder how the majority of the riders in the state would feel about that,??? In the state parks survey almost 60% said they wanted an increase of $ 25 or MORE, Not trying to bash anybody but some of these comments make no sense when you look at the big picture. I've got lot more info to share if anyone needs it, 8 to 10 years with out any increase and people still expect what we had a few years back, I guess in your world inflation hasnt happened. ?? Sorry , dont mean to sound "" Growly" on this but it really upsets me reading some of these comments. I know I'm probably going to get chastized for this but I feel very strongly we need a increase in fee's. The majority of this money will go driectly back onto the snow where we need it most.

AND ONE LAST THING, If by chance our money did get swepted into the general fund, I PROMISE I WILL BE THE FIRST ONE LEADING the charge TO NOT REGISTER ANY SLED IN THIS STATE.
#1 Triton Trailer Dealer in the West
Silver Lake Sled Decks
Simmons Skis, WSSA
Tracker Beacons, Boss Seats,
HRP, HMK, True adventure gear,
Vortech rear racks,
RED LINE OIL
and lots more

Last edited by JETJOHNSO; 03-13-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:15 PM
local arm chair lawyer

Good to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Good to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from ARGood to Go Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Dan,

Look in the mail tomorrow: I've sent you a first aid kit with a bandage to treat that head wound. It looks HUGE after beating your noggin againt a brick wall for so long...

Thanks for trying....one more time...to get the msg across.

I'm not really known for supporting taxes. OK, I admit it; I haven't voted for a school levy, bond improvement or friggen medic one support for, well, hell....decades. Percentages (most taxes are a percentage you realize) are what keeps things even with inflation. Hence, I'll never understand why schools need to increase their 'taxes' to handle more kids...More people in the district means more income without another tax hike. Which brings me to the point.

Our fees have been flat rate. They don't, never have, kept up with inflation. And this fee is self-centered. Kinda like going to the carnival..you choose to pay to play. I hear stupid stuff like "I don't need sno parks" and "quit grooming". Yea, that'll work out and keep people in the sport.

I can't remember the last time I went out and thought, or heard, that no grooming would make a better day. I realize most of us on this forum only use the trails to get to the good stuff...but we are a serious minority in this sport.

Increase it. $40 is a big step. But then, it's catching up to reality. Reality is, fuel costs more...a lot more. Of course, we all loved it when it was cheap, and it's paining us now that it's catching up to where it would've been all along if it had followed inflation. (for you nay sayers, a gallon of fuel averaged $1.41 in 1998; it was $2.26 in 1978 and $2.35 in 1958, adjusted for inflation).

Everything costs more. Except TV's. That's why half of you have three in your house. Whatever.

Thanks Dan.

Conservatives believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the liberals believe every day is April 15... and you think I jest.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Just Got Here

mdmead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmdmead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmdmead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmdmead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmdmead Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Interestingly, the posts on BCR have been overly friendly for this significant rate increase. Overall, on Facebook, that other forum, and the e-mailed comments to the board... Not so much. Due to the comments, WSSA is going to take another tact. Note, we are still looking for the same outcome as most of you. WSSA is just going to try and do it smarter. Here is what has been posted on Facebook:

Through this controversy over the vote to seek a significant registration increase, one thing is clear: The majority of riders commenting agree more funds are needed for our dedicated program to improve grooming and plowing. It is also clear the majority of those commenting, not to mention snowmobilers we have heard from outside of this post, are against this plan we voted on. We hear you. Here is a message your WSSA Vice President asked to be posted:

To: WSSA Board, all the clubs, all those connected to snowmobiling in Washington

Thank you everyone for the input I have received since Saturday 3/10/2012 concerning the WSSA vote to propose a $40 raise in our registration fee for our snowmobiles. It is clear that it has backfired! So, what now? Where do we go from here? It is time for everyone to take a deep breath, calm down, slow down, and focus on these facts that are true for sure. We are all snowmobilers or connected to the snowmobile industry in some way or another. We all need to be on the same page, especially right now! We need to solve our own problems in the spirit of cooperation! I want to see snowmobiling, groomed trails, sno-parks and happy faces in Washington. I want WSSA to continue to be the voice of the snowmobilers. So WSSA needs to hear from the SNOMOBILIERS what is best and acceptable to them today. Then WSSA can make proposals that are the voice of the snowmobilers. So, together, letís negotiate an acceptable dollar amount that WSSA can propose to the State that is fair and best represents the voice of the snowmobilers.

Please be patient with us as Ronna Younie (WSSA President) and myself will be in Washington DC starting Thursday 3/15 (through the weekend), talking to legislatures about snowmobiling in Washington.

Respectfully submitted,

Dean Meakin
WSSA Vice President

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What is important to note is regardless of what an individual might feel is an acceptable fee increase, the snowmobile budget has specific needs. This may mean what an individual feels is reasonable won't be enough. While WSSA wants input from everyone, our goal is to keep our program sustainable. Obviously some people won't be happy with our decision. Our goal now is to minimize those feelings.

Futhermore, it is critcal people understand the program. We will post a link to a presentation made by State Parks at the recent Winter Rendezvous that addresses this. Some may argue the numbers, but they are reasonably close and wll certainly be an eye-opener for some.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > WASHINGTON