Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO

Old 01-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Just Got Here

wyobob Has earned a rub and tug from ARwyobob Has earned a rub and tug from ARwyobob Has earned a rub and tug from ARwyobob Has earned a rub and tug from ARwyobob Has earned a rub and tug from AR

just a thought has anyone checked to make sure the carb heater is shut off?
Old 01-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Just Got Here

CoXP907 is an unknown quantity at this point

ive been riding with my carb heaters on, especially since it was 0 degrees at lost lake yesterday with a wind chill, i am having the same issues with my XP, what good will turning my carb heaters off? please explain itd be greatly appreciated. Any sort of help actually would be appreciated.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:32 PM
REBEL

cjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from ARcjgodden Has earned a rub and tug from AR

You should only turn on the carb heaters if you having icing issues, running them on all the time can cause the vapor locking in the carbs

Friendship is like peeing your pants. Everyone notices but only you feel its true warmth. Thanks for being the pee in my pants.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:43 PM
"Dead Sexeh Cougar Bait"

RMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLP
RMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyobob View Post
just a thought has anyone checked to make sure the carb heater is shut off?
Carb heaters are off. It's never thrown an engine code or gone into limp mode.
He checked the can, he said he didn't see any issues there. He also looked over the wiring harness and couldn't see anywhere it had been rubbing on anything. Somebody said that the issue could be in his primary, but seriously this damn sled only has 600 miles on it AND has been to the dealer more times than I'd care to count. I think he put 400-500 miles on a demo sled last season while they tried to sort his out.
90 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
91 XR 200R
Plus snow and dirt toys for the kiddos too

Honey badger would approve this message, but he don't give a sh!t.

Last edited by RMKcowboy; 01-15-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:03 AM
REBEL

Winter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLP
Winter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLP

One little thing I've seen that might cause this is anything that allows snow/dust/water on the belt or clutches.....make sure the 1" plastic plug just forward of the primary is not missing, that all vents on clutch side have flowrite material on them....no cheese grader style vents! Make sure there is no hole in the side panel from the clutch hitting it....silicone or patch if there is a hole.
If any water gets in there it will slip, allow it to overrev and by the description of what is happening it sounds like it MIGHT simply be hitting the rev limiter??
Pull the clutch and check PTO runout. Pull the primary apart and make sure everything is perfect. Might be low miles, but anything is possible.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:12 AM
"Virgin Destroyer"

xpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLP
xpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLP

On the 08 there were recalls for a ground wire under fuel tank. Rubbing from vibration.

Wire harness. Tail light.

Mine was acting up spitting and fartin. They replaced the instrument gauge cluster. And reflashed it. Fixed it. It would read lynx instead of ski doo on it.

Loose plug wire at coil. That plastic clip that hold both wires broke maybe.

2015 T3 summit X 163-3 inch Roosterbuilt R&D machine. The Trainer.

Crazy as a squirrel, nutty in the brain.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:31 AM
REBEL

montanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR
montanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR

reflash the computer
had a buddys dragon do the same thing when it ran watch out usually it didnt
had the box reflashed and fixed it after many hours in the shop
worth a try
Old 01-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Prospect

BDA Has earned a rub and tug from ARBDA Has earned a rub and tug from ARBDA Has earned a rub and tug from ARBDA Has earned a rub and tug from ARBDA Has earned a rub and tug from ARBDA Has earned a rub and tug from ARBDA Has earned a rub and tug from ARBDA Has earned a rub and tug from ARBDA Has earned a rub and tug from ARBDA Has earned a rub and tug from ARBDA Has earned a rub and tug from ARBDA Has earned a rub and tug from AR

If clutching is way off it might be hitting rev limiter as WB said

Watch RPMs when it falls on its face, do not exceed 8200

By the way, I ride with carb heat on 100% of the time - no problems
99 Summit X mod
4 other Summits
2 tractors and a Horse
Old 01-18-2012, 04:05 AM
Just Got Here

dstone drives a double stacked dodgedstone drives a double stacked dodgedstone drives a double stacked dodge

I also have a 2010 xp. I was experiencing a pretty bad bog when I was half throttle until I put my carb heaters on. Then the issue went away. Mines heavily vented, put the 2012 clutch guard on and have a 1000 plus miles on my original belt. And these are are deep snow/mountain miles. Pretty happy overall with the sled.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:15 AM
"Dead Sexeh Cougar Bait"

RMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLP
RMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA View Post
If clutching is way off it might be hitting rev limiter as WB said

Watch RPMs when it falls on its face, do not exceed 8200

By the way, I ride with carb heat on 100% of the time - no problems
Hitting the rev limiter at 1/4 throttle??? Somehow I doubt that.
The dealer has his sled AGAIN and is going to attempt to find a problem AGAIN.
90 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
91 XR 200R
Plus snow and dirt toys for the kiddos too

Honey badger would approve this message, but he don't give a sh!t.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO