Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO

Old 12-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Just Got Here

WyoTuff Must Ride a Pro
Default 06 rev

Looking to put some new skis on the old rev, the old skis are broke and chipped up. Curious as to what skis everyone is running on this model and how they like them.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Prospect

broncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from AR
broncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from ARbroncoformudv Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Do a search for Mod skis on here lots of people running them on a variety of sleds. www.dootalk.com is another great place to find info.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:53 AM
Prospect

AkBillyBow is an unknown quantity at this point

What kind of riding do you do? I try to stay in the deep powder as much as possible, and run Simmons Flexi-Skis on mine. Put them on in the first year with the sled (05) and love them. I think they are perfect for the powder. Won't change them for anything else!!

AkBillyBow
Old 12-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Prospect

tiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from ARtiller Has earned a rub and tug from AR

we're cooler than dootalk, i hear the powder pros dont work well with the rev, most are running newer ski doo ski's or mods.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:14 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiller View Post
we're cooler than dootalk, i hear the powder pros dont work well with the rev, most are running newer ski doo ski's or mods.
Yes, this place is COOLER than Dootalk. I got a lot of bad comments when I mentioned this site over there. One of the mods over there was slamming me for directing traffic to this site. I spend 98% of my snowmobile chat stuff here. The other 2 is on the other sites that I had been on in the past.

As for the ski's, I like my C&A's, never had the chance to try the mods, yet.

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 12-30-2011, 03:21 PM
REBEL

Get Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLP
Get Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLPGet Lucky Offical PLP

I would say mods....Plus there is a contest to win a set of mods going on right now. you should try and enter

http://backcountryrebels.com/showthread.php?t=19381
Old 12-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Just Got Here

WyoTuff Must Ride a Pro

Tree riding and playing in the powder is what I mostly do. I was looking at the Simmons also. I herd with different skis it will make that rev sidehill a bit better. Of course I need some tuning on riding sidehills probably not much the sled.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:50 PM

sledsrock Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledsrock Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledsrock Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledsrock Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledsrock Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledsrock Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledsrock Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledsrock Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledsrock Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledsrock Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledsrock Has earned a rub and tug from AR

MODS!

Old 01-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Prospect

AkBillyBow is an unknown quantity at this point

Too bad you don't know someone with the same sled but different skis. That is the best way to test them out without buying something that doesn't work for you. Perhaps put a shout-out to anyone locally to see who /what you can find to ride with.

I hated the stock skis on my 05. I think anything would be an improvement, but the Simmons feels like riding on rails to me. Also, suspension set-up an ski pressure have a ton to do with the ski handling. Ski pressure especially!!

Good luck....AkBillyBow
Old 01-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Just Got Here

WyoTuff Must Ride a Pro

Ya.... Theres not to many Rev riders left around here that I ride with. Mostly Cats and XPs. I truly due need to learn how to set up the suspension correctly on that sled. How do you have your sled set up my sled is an Summit X 151 800. Nothing special about it other than a can. Rides good for me but if I knew how to set it up probably would ride much better.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO