Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO

Old 03-01-2010, 07:46 PM
REBEL

MARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLP
MARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLP
Default '09 600 Summit Sport 146"

Ok, got pictures of this and like what I see so far. It is 500miles away and ready to buy it. I've been riding Polaris forever! GF doesn't want me to buy Doo, lol. My money so I'm taking the plunge just to try something different that may be better on fuel for the conditions I ride in, plus all the 121's in my area get great fuel economy! At $5.22/gal, I need all the mileage I can get for the buck.
I wish I can find an E-Tech 600 for what I'm gonna pay, but not gonna happen in a long track. . . All the used ones are going for a couple grand more, even with 3x's the mileage. And no warranty available on them either so heck with that.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:57 PM
"Wannabe Head Numpty"

Location: Pocatello, ID / One foot on either side of the "LINE"
Crashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLP
Crashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLP

My dad has one of these and loves it, lives in western colorado and other than hillclimbing he goes where everyone else goes. And the best thing about that motor is it will last forever. He has a 2002 600 with around 10k miles on it. No motor work done.

[20-03, 08:15] Adrenaline Revolution Lionel, Can you make it so that every time H2 types Numpty or Sheeple or whatever term he uses to antagonize people it would read "I'm an idiot" or something like that? !
Old 03-09-2010, 01:15 AM
REBEL

MARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLP

Got it today, sled likes to backshift like crazy. Hard to pull over in the powder, even my 12 year old son noticed this as he can pull the 600RMK's we have over easily. Like the wide seat though, pretty comfy. Need to adjust the suspension to my liking tomorrow and order a bigger windshield(if you rode 100-180 miles/day like I do in the temps I do you'd understand.)
Old 03-09-2010, 02:07 AM

lil gladiator Has earned a rub and tug from ARlil gladiator Has earned a rub and tug from ARlil gladiator Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARV1 View Post
Got it today, sled likes to backshift like crazy. Hard to pull over in the powder, even my 12 year old son noticed this as he can pull the 600RMK's we have over easily. Like the wide seat though, pretty comfy. Need to adjust the suspension to my liking tomorrow and order a bigger windshield(if you rode 100-180 miles/day like I do in the temps I do you'd understand.)
if you cut out or take out the sway bar its alot easier to pull over but the down side if you ride trails alot it wont corner as well.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:31 PM
REBEL

Swaybar is out, didn't even notice at first look. Guess the Floats are pumped up, will check them out tomorrow and possibly lighten them up a bit.
OK, now what is a good belt for these, like the top cog belts like on the Polaris sleds. Have actually been running them since they came out over 10 years ago.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Prospect

slowbro Has earned a rub and tug from ARslowbro Has earned a rub and tug from ARslowbro Has earned a rub and tug from ARslowbro Has earned a rub and tug from ARslowbro Has earned a rub and tug from ARslowbro Has earned a rub and tug from ARslowbro Has earned a rub and tug from ARslowbro Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARV1 View Post
Swaybar is out, didn't even notice at first look. Guess the Floats are pumped up, will check them out tomorrow and possibly lighten them up a bit.
OK, now what is a good belt for these, like the top cog belts like on the Polaris sleds. Have actually been running them since they came out over 10 years ago.
Marv1, are your handle bars leaned forward or back?

leaning them back and loosening the limiter should make it easier. 2wheel axle is an option also. Congrats on the XP
Old 03-12-2010, 05:20 PM
REBEL

Still gotta put the wrench on this sled, will tilt the bars back to where they are straight with the steering post. And will put the limiter strap all the way out as well.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:04 PM

goobman01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have any pictures you can share with us? Seems like a nice sled.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO