Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO

Old 02-21-2011, 12:27 PM

snowx99 Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowx99 Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowx99 Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowx99 Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowx99 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Smile '04 Summit HM- Extreme project completed

Couple shots of the sled before and after, finally got it finished up.

2004 Summit 800HO Highmark Extreme, Camo 159 x 2.25 x 16" track, Boss Seat, VForce-3 reeds, Dynoport Y-pipe, CPI single pipe, HPS can, SPI dual ring pistons, reworked stock head, rebuild crank, cylinders trued up, clutches & shocks rebuilt by Greg Goodwin, 10+ weeks worth of work and far more $$$ than planned!

* Goodwin Performance
* TA Racing Engines
* N.C.M crankshafts
* Outdoorsupplyonline
* Trickrack.com
* www.dragoninabox.com
Old 02-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Just Got Here

Xrider is an unknown quantity at this point

NIce!!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Prospect

slowbro Has earned a rub and tug from ARslowbro Has earned a rub and tug from ARslowbro Has earned a rub and tug from ARslowbro Has earned a rub and tug from ARslowbro Has earned a rub and tug from ARslowbro Has earned a rub and tug from ARslowbro Has earned a rub and tug from ARslowbro Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Let us know how it runs and if the money is well worth it.

Still running anair box?

SWEEET LOOKIN SLED
Old 02-22-2011, 10:28 AM

snowx99 Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowx99 Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowx99 Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowx99 Has earned a rub and tug from ARsnowx99 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Airbox = yes. Never been a fan of pods, finicky to jetting in my experiences.

Have a good friend that is an electrical genius and he's working on a new LED tail light setup for me too. So that big ugly setup that was on the sled when I bought it will soon be gone.

Is it worth it? Well I did get the sled for a pretty smokin' deal up front, sold many of the stock parts (have a few left to sell off) as well as some other items laying around the garage, which has really helped offset some of the money dumped into the sled. So in the end, I'll be under half the cost of a brand new Summit 800-X, so assuming it doesn't grenade on me in the next 2 seasons, it's for sure worth it from a $$ perspective.

However, my enthusiasms and time available for wrenching sure aren't what they used to be 10-15 years ago, so in that regards, I woulda sure preferred to just buy a new one! It's my first Ski-Doo and my first 'modern' rider forward type sled, so I'm looking forward to seeing just how well it performs.

Heading to Togwotee first week of March, put it through the paces and report after I get back.

* Goodwin Performance
* TA Racing Engines
* N.C.M crankshafts
* Outdoorsupplyonline
* Trickrack.com
* www.dragoninabox.com
Old 02-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Prospect

Dino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Dino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from ARDino Has earned a rub and tug from AR

LED tail light, small 4 inch is 25 $ from SLP or 20 from Dennis Jerk I have them on two Revs, work great and simple to install. Dino
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO