Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ALASKA

Old 01-21-2014, 09:36 PM
REBEL

carvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from AR
carvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithkolin1 View Post
Took our chances Sunday to check it out and it straight up sucked.. Not much to talk about to say the least, windblown everywhere, dirt, and very, very low snow.. Get off trail and your pushing through wet heavy packed snow right in line with the stumps and bushes.. Did about 12 miles and went back to the lodge to watch the game, should have gone to Cantwell.. There is riding to be had around Gunsight though, by far the most snow is on that hill than anywhere else in the area..

Anyways, here's what she looks like just outside the lodge down the trail about a mile.
Burger was good though!!

13 M800 HCR 153 Chubby Chasin'!!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:32 PM
REBEL

theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP
theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernAK View Post
I third what was said above. Went yesterday and went all the way back to Red Fox and it was horrible back there. Thought about going over to the Pasture but with the conditions in Red Fox..figured it would be a waste of gas.
You quit too easy. It gets good back farther...
Old 01-21-2014, 11:08 PM
REBEL

carvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultrarider View Post
You quit too easy. It gets good back farther...
I bet it does, if you go waaay back.....Cantwell!!
I could seriously ride the wheeler back there right now. Guy at the lodge was saying they were looking good then they got 40 degree weather that wiped them out. Top was windblown to dirt and the back side of monument was rock hard with a peak of snow that was almost not passable. We turned around and played a bit by the lodge.

Last edited by carvecrave; 01-21-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:03 AM

NorthernAK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthernAK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthernAK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthernAK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthernAK Has earned a rub and tug from AR

my boss has a place up there and said it got a little warm over the weekend as well.....i could see before the warm temps it being decent south side of highway. I dont know ultrarider...red fox was pretty bad haha. Some day ill find the trail to get up to heavenly.....that might have been good this weekend!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 12:16 AM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernAK View Post
my boss has a place up there and said it got a little warm over the weekend as well.....i could see before the warm temps it being decent south side of highway. I dont know ultrarider...red fox was pretty bad haha. Some day ill find the trail to get up to heavenly.....that might have been good this weekend!!!
Utrarider is a good dude. Met him a time or two and rode with him at arcticman. One of his buddies has a cabin up there and I would imagine he has spent plenty of time in Eureka. Back towards Gunsight didn't look too bad but we came through there in the dark and couldn't tell. On the way home we wished we just would have stopped there...

Old 01-22-2014, 12:29 AM

NorthernAK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthernAK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthernAK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthernAK Has earned a rub and tug from ARNorthernAK Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Yeah im sure it gets way better further back past red fox....we got a late start on the day....plus we were a little bummed with the conditions. we noticed the better conditions towards gunsight as well....saw some tracks from the road headed back that way. By then it was getting dark and we were leaving...oh well.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:58 AM
'AKWALKSWITHCHUBBY'

AKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLP
AKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLP

Guys..we(my buddies since I cant ride till these surgeries are taken care of) ride it every weekend..on the north side of the road.....if you get above 4500 ft elevation..snow is pretty epic.....(hint:::::Horsepasture is barely 4500 ft)..yes you have to haul fuel( a 6er on the back, with a straight in ride with no playing till you get in will do it)..as for heavenly ridge..should be good as well (southside)..but it is tough to find a trail up..if you really want to..... go past eureka lodge until you hit the bridge for little nelchina, unload there, run the river south to the big nelchina, then run it south/west till you find a trail going up....and yes Tim(ultrarider) is talking about us..we have 1 cabin/house at the road, one in yacho creek(30 miles back) one in daisy creek and my cabin back on the ridge between the little and big o rivers(50 miles back)..oh and we also have one 80 miles back but we rarely use it in winter.....and its a secret.....yes its pretty crappy down low(under 4500 ft) but we got over 2 Ft(some areas 3+) above 4500 ft 2 weeks ago and its as good as its been riding wise in the last 10 yrs.....
Old 01-27-2014, 11:16 AM
REBEL

theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP
theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP

Shhhhh
Old 01-27-2014, 12:34 PM
'AKWALKSWITHCHUBBY'

AKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLP
AKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultrarider View Post
Shhhhh
LOL, it would take a lot of time and money to find all the sweet stashes Tim...they are still safe I promise....heck even David couldn't find his way to most of them...
Old 01-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Prospect

Sheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from ARSheetmetalfab Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Without pics it didnt happen.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ALASKA