Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO

Old 03-25-2010, 08:12 AM
REBEL

PJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from AR
PJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanasledhead View Post
your not using a im pact to take it on or off are you
that stinks I hope you get it all worked out
I used to use an impact on previous ones and that never seemed to work. I use a long and very heavy duty ratchet handle with a 1/2" drive and my impact sockets and it pops every time. I had not even taken this primary off. Only dealers have taken it off for clutching setups or the warranty bushing repair that was done this last Fall. That was the last dealer to touch it.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:01 AM
REBEL

MARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLP
MARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLPMARV1 Offical PLP

Not pretty, get it fixed quick. Can see that rust spot as well, was cracked for awhile.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:06 PM
REBEL

PJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from AR
PJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Parts are on order. Should have by next weekend.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:10 PM
Prospect

RIP n IT Has earned a rub and tug from AR
RIP n IT Has earned a rub and tug from ARRIP n IT Has earned a rub and tug from ARRIP n IT Has earned a rub and tug from ARRIP n IT Has earned a rub and tug from ARRIP n IT Has earned a rub and tug from ARRIP n IT Has earned a rub and tug from ARRIP n IT Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I had an Indy 440 that snap the snout simular to yours and had an old polaris engine R&D guy rebuild it for me and told me the clutch wasn't put on streight. A dealer had just rebuilt it just before I bought the sled, it had some lite corowtion(SP?) in the taper of the clutch that he thinks coused it. ALSO I have seen numerius dealers use impacks.....I know I can't spell,,,was in a hurry
12 800 Pro RMK-1100 miles and needs Pistons, Clutch. Seeing the line no one else does PRICELESS. POLARIS the way out...OF CASH
Old 04-01-2010, 08:10 PM
REBEL

SilverGriz Has earned a rub and tug from AR
SilverGriz Has earned a rub and tug from ARSilverGriz Has earned a rub and tug from ARSilverGriz Has earned a rub and tug from ARSilverGriz Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Wow...never seen that before. Glad it is all covered under warranty.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Prospect

Husqvarna Has earned a rub and tug from ARHusqvarna Has earned a rub and tug from ARHusqvarna Has earned a rub and tug from ARHusqvarna Has earned a rub and tug from ARHusqvarna Has earned a rub and tug from ARHusqvarna Has earned a rub and tug from ARHusqvarna Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default mee too

Bro... I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I had this happen on a motor with less than 250 miles on it. I'll spare you the long version.

* had new crank and clutch sent to be ballanced/checked out before install.
* Out riding the clutch rollers went out taking with them the weights, ramps, spring cup, governor cup and an arm broke (I towed it out)
* 700 dollars or so in new clutch parts/labor, back to the race shop for re-ballancing
* back on the snow (now shes running like a raped ape) 30 miles or so back up in the ruhbarb and boom!!!

Crank sheers off taking out the whole side of the new motor (primary damage, secondary totaled, cases and cylinders wrecked from primary loose in tub spinning *8K) not cool.

First thing the race shop asked " Was it ever run out of ballance?" Uh...yeah! Now I have learned the expensive way that if your primary takes a big dump under load you might want to have your crank inspected before it goes out under a load and turns your motor into a big load of crap.
OK, rant over.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:51 PM
"Resident two-year old"

Graveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLP
Graveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ-Hunter View Post
What would cause this on a 2009 with 950 miles?

thats normal for an XP........so is a Heli.....

!!!

Last edited by Graveler; 05-02-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveler View Post
that normal for an XP........so is a Heli.....and a anal probing by me and fordman FOC with me giving fordy a reach around while you put cash in the monkey box
!!!
LMAO wow no love

Last edited by 76FoMoCo; 05-02-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:11 AM
"Resident two-year old"

Graveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLP
Graveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLP

nice quote......LMFAO
Old 05-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveler View Post
nice quote......LMFAO

summer sucks.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO