Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > WASHINGTON

Old 11-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Prospect

CleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR
CleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARCleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARCleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARCleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARCleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARCleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Talking Possible UFCW strike at your local Safeway, QFC, Albertsons and Fred Meyer

I have heard a few folks tell me that they do not want to cross the pickets lines if the UFCW strikes Safeway, QFC, Albertsons and Fred Meyer. I figured Big Union? They probably supports the liberals and President Obama. So I did a quick search and found the following statement below of endorsement on the UFCW website from February 2008.

I know that there are going to be some union folks that are going to jump up and down and be pissed that I will cross this picket line, so be it. Due to politics, I have gone from pro unions many years ago to anti unions in the last 10 years or so. It is what it is...

I printed several copies of the endorsement and will keep one copy in each rig. When I cross the picket line, if any strikers happen to give me a dirty look or make a comment, whammo, I will give them an ear full about how I do not support the policies of the liberals and President Obama and I don’t appreciate the many big unions that do. I might even add that I was not going to cross the picket line until I found this little gem, but now I am making more effort to cross more picket lines more often.

http://www.ufcw.org/press_room/index...sReleaseID=376

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 14, 2008

CONTACTress@ufcw.org

UFCW ENDORSES OBAMA
Statement by Joe Hansen, President of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union

Washington — For the 1.3 million members of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union (UFCW), the 2008 Presidential election is about restoring the American dream for America’s workers. UFCW members are energized to seize this opportunity to change America and restore the American Dream for workers and their families.

The UFCW has a powerful presence and a strong organization in key primary states such as Wisconsin, Hawaii, Texas and Ohio. We are the largest union of young workers with more than forty percent of our members under the age of thirty. Senator Obama’s message of changing hope into reality has inspired our members, particularly our young members, across the country.

We have the utmost respect for Senator Clinton and her tireless efforts on behalf of working people. And while both Senators Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have a vision to change America, we believe that Senator Obama is the best candidate to build a movement to unite our country that will deliver the type of change that is needed – for good jobs, affordable health care, retirement security and worker safety.

Our country requires a change—change that restores America to a place of opportunity and security, where hard work is respected and those who do it are protected.

Our country requires change that brings the security working people require to improve their lives and the lives of their children and grandchildren.

Senator Obama understands the needs of working people. As a community organizer, he understands that America must restore the balance between working America and corporate America. He will fight to level the playing field on behalf of workers across our country. He will fight to regain the rights and protections workers have lost after too many years of the Bush Administration.

UFCW will be mobilizing, organizing and energizing our members, their friends and families to make Senator Obama not just the Democratic nominee, but the next President of the United States.

We are talking about the dreams of meatpackers and food processors working long hours to ensure that the dreams of their sons and daughters for college and a better life become a reality. We are talking about giving life to the dreams of cashiers and clerks in retail and grocery stores. That is what this election is about. It is about the dreams of hard working people across this country. Men and women who deserve to have their elected officials work as hard as they do.

It is Senator Obama who is best positioned, and who has the best policies, to make these dreams a reality. Senator Obama is the candidate of the American dream.
###
The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW) represents more than 1.3 million workers, primarily in the retail and meatpacking, food processing and poultry industries.

Bla, bla, bla
Old 11-19-2010, 02:03 PM
REBEL

yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I have a good friend that works at QFC and the union is trying to play hardball....they basically walked away from the table back in august and have made no effort to reconnect or counter offer. They figure with the holidays, they have the stores by the balls....seems like a bad time to be striking with all the people that need jobs...
Old 11-19-2010, 03:04 PM
REBEL

ericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLP
ericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLP

You had to get me going..... I can't wait to cross the damn picket line and my wife is a full time QFC receiver! I have to be careful what I say for obvious reasons but there are some unjust things going on to long time employees with hours being cut and replaced by new cheaper labor when the stores are seeing a boost of business in this economy because peeps are staying in. That's the main sticking point. I don't want to hear a gawd damn peep about rising health care costs and pay raises when they are responsible for OBAMA!!

I despise unions and know the free market is the only way but Wall mart just kills the anti-union argument and it doesn't help when the CEO of Kroger (QFC - Fred Meyer) makes 10 million a year. Costco on the other hand is the real deal!! That's how you run a grocery chain!!

But a strike in this economy?? You've got to be fawking kidding me. Just think how many dual income families are hanging on to their houses by a thread because of the economy and their spouses steady grocery income has been the difference. Now, because the union leaders want to prove their worth (LOL) "some" families are going to lose everything.

If my wife lost her income a year ago when my personal business was dying you could have stuck a fork in us. I'm damn glad we can handle this now but the union can KMA..

Last edited by ericbigbore; 11-19-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Has JEEP WAVE envy

777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP
777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP777 Offical PLP

I'll cross the picket line mo-ricky-tic!! In fact if any of you are afraid to cross just give me your grocery list and I will cross it again and again. Fawk them idiots. Striking in this economy, trying to raise my grocery prices as far as I'm concerned.
Originally Posted by Hawgman
What Ford guy doesn't have a chip.... exhaust.... intake.... chrome plated cup holder.... driving lites on all the time...inflated ego...36 inch rubber.. naked lady mud flaps... trucker envy...
Old 11-19-2010, 06:24 PM
"Resident two-year old"

Graveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLP
Graveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLP

who shops at those ghetto stores????? nasty.....whole foods in bellevue or redmond....
Old 11-19-2010, 06:43 PM
REBEL

yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveler View Post
who shops at those ghetto stores????? nasty.....whole foods in bellevue or redmond....
I do...and even cheaper stuff for that pulled pork sammie you scarfed down....save your gas if you're eating my slop....
Old 11-19-2010, 07:06 PM
creepy stalker

ccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLP
ccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLP

Thank God I live in a state where Unions have very little to no control
Yup!... It got so bad that a fellow that liked to, you know, smoke a little grass or drink a little ripple. Crow like a rooster! Maybe challenge the mayor's son to a gentlemen's duel, is uncouth, "Against God!" more like bad for real estate values.So we had to go!
Old 11-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Prospect

CleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARCleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARCleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARCleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARCleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARCleElum Sledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Well maybe there won't be a strike after all?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...eement22m.html

Grocery store workers, employers reach tentative contract agreement
A tentative contract has been reached between a regional grocery store workers union and four major supermarket store chains.

By Nicole Tsong
Seattle Times staf reporter

A regional grocery store workers union and four major supermarket store chains reached a tentative contract agreement over the weekend, the union announced on its website late Saturday .

The details of the agreement — negotiated between Allied Employers and members of the United Food and Commercial workers and two other unions — were not released. Allied represents Fred Meyer, Safeway, QFC and Albertsons.

Dates are still being set for the vote on the proposed contract, and those meetings will most likely take place the week after Thanksgiving, union spokesman Tom Geiger said. Contract details will be made public after the vote, he said.

The unions represent roughly 17,000 workers in King, Kitsap, Snohomish and Mason counties who work at the grocery stores. Less than two weeks ago, those same workers were threatening to strike during the critical holiday stretch. In mid-November , the unions rejected the latest proposal from the companies and authorized a strike vote, the first step toward a strike.

At issue were disagreements over benefits and pay. The workers said they have taken cuts in hours since their last contract and proposed additional cuts would hit them hard.

The earlier proposal included cuts to holiday and Sunday pay, the companies acknowledged, but also included raises for workers at the top of the pay scale and millions more for pensions and medical benefits.

The unions and the employers had been negotiating since Thursday.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:15 PM
"Super Star Wife I Have"

HUNDO Has earned a rub and tug from AR
HUNDO Has earned a rub and tug from ARHUNDO Has earned a rub and tug from ARHUNDO Has earned a rub and tug from ARHUNDO Has earned a rub and tug from ARHUNDO Has earned a rub and tug from ARHUNDO Has earned a rub and tug from ARHUNDO Has earned a rub and tug from ARHUNDO Has earned a rub and tug from ARHUNDO Has earned a rub and tug from ARHUNDO Has earned a rub and tug from ARHUNDO Has earned a rub and tug from ARHUNDO Has earned a rub and tug from ARHUNDO Has earned a rub and tug from ARHUNDO Has earned a rub and tug from ARHUNDO Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleElum Sledhead View Post
Well maybe there won't be a strike after all?
At least you had a chance to get up on your soap box...
#13....
Old 11-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNDO View Post
At least you had a chance to get up on your soap box...
In deed I did, and I am still on it. My statement still stands, strike or no strike, I just won't have a chance to say what I was planning on saying. Oh well, I am sure this won't be the last time this comes around...
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > WASHINGTON