Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ALASKA

Old 01-27-2014, 08:28 PM
Prospect

SLEDDREAD Has earned a rub and tug from AR
SLEDDREAD Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLEDDREAD Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLEDDREAD Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLEDDREAD Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLEDDREAD Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLEDDREAD Has earned a rub and tug from ARSLEDDREAD Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSNOWRIDER View Post
Guys..we(my buddies since I cant ride till these surgeries are taken care of) ride it every weekend..on the north side of the road.....if you get above 4500 ft elevation..snow is pretty epic.....(hint:::::Horsepasture is barely 4500 ft)..yes you have to haul fuel( a 6er on the back, with a straight in ride with no playing till you get in will do it)..as for heavenly ridge..should be good as well (southside)..but it is tough to find a trail up..if you really want to..... go past eureka lodge until you hit the bridge for little nelchina, unload there, run the river south to the big nelchina, then run it south/west till you find a trail going up....and yes Tim(ultrarider) is talking about us..we have 1 cabin/house at the road, one in yacho creek(30 miles back) one in daisy creek and my cabin back on the ridge between the little and big o rivers(50 miles back)..oh and we also have one 80 miles back but we rarely use it in winter.....and its a secret.....yes its pretty crappy down low(under 4500 ft) but we got over 2 Ft(some areas 3+) above 4500 ft 2 weeks ago and its as good as its been riding wise in the last 10 yrs.....
Interesting thanks for sharing always been interested in checking out that general area it's just a long haul from fairbanks, hope you heal up soon.
Ps if you ever want to share the GPS quardinants of one of those secret powder bowls just send me a Pm I promise I won't tell anyone.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Prospect

nytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARnytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARnytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARnytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARnytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARnytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARnytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARnytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from ARnytroryder Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Aksnow I was asking Carve if you had given any pointers on where to go. I got to the top of monument and was going to drop down and then cross over to the little tyone and maybe drop into Yacko but like Carve said ridge going down monument was a peak of wind blown snow. As many ridges back I could see all I could was dirt so we bailed. Next time I will have the trailer with fuel although I made the big o trip in summer in my ranger with no fuel needed so I did not think it was quite that far.
Thank you for the pointers!!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:47 PM
REBEL

carvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from AR
carvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultrarider View Post
Shhhhh
I'm just gonna wait till you are GTG Mike and follow you and Tim around...

13 M800 HCR 153 Chubby Chasin'!!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:48 PM
REBEL

carvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from ARcarvecrave Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quoted the wrong post...

Old 01-27-2014, 09:50 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEDDREAD View Post
Interesting thanks for sharing always been interested in checking out that general area it's just a long haul from fairbanks, hope you heal up soon.
Ps if you ever want to share the GPS quardinants of one of those secret powder bowls just send me a Pm I promise I won't tell anyone.
I would be good with renting the cabin about mid September time fram...

Old 01-27-2014, 10:12 PM
'AKWALKSWITHCHUBBY'

AKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLP
AKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvecrave View Post
I would be good with renting the cabin about mid September time fram...
cant rent any cabins...but..I can help with the riding areas...it is a haul in there for sure... I will send you a pm about it..
Old 01-27-2014, 10:14 PM
'AKWALKSWITHCHUBBY'

AKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLP
AKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLPAKSNOWRIDER Offical PLP

Quote:
I'm just gonna wait till you are GTG Mike and follow you and Tim around...
As of the latest word..If I get to sled again it will be a year or two after this first surgery..if at all...but I am optimistic and will hopefully overcome...
Old 01-27-2014, 10:17 PM
'AKWALKSWITHCHUBBY'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytroryder View Post
Aksnow I was asking Carve if you had given any pointers on where to go. I got to the top of monument and was going to drop down and then cross over to the little tyone and maybe drop into Yacko but like Carve said ridge going down monument was a peak of wind blown snow. As many ridges back I could see all I could was dirt so we bailed. Next time I will have the trailer with fuel although I made the big o trip in summer in my ranger with no fuel needed so I did not think it was quite that far.
Thank you for the pointers!!
Normally, going in to yacho, we run outer loop trail out to old nelchina townsite, then over to tyone creek...(of course going to my cabin we do drop off monument more often then not as well...
Old 01-27-2014, 10:22 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSNOWRIDER View Post
As of the latest word..If I get to sled again it will be a year or two after this first surgery..if at all...but I am optimistic and will hopefully overcome...
Keep your head up and work hard come PT time. I am sure I would probably be pretty low on the friends list but if you ever need help with anything, let me know!

Old 01-27-2014, 10:32 PM
'AKWALKSWITHCHUBBY'

Quote:
Keep your head up and work hard come PT time. I am sure I would probably be pretty low on the friends list but if you ever need help with anything, let me know!
Yeah, tried PT once already..it was rough, after 2 weeks we decided that we needed a different plan of attack(surgery).. My plan is to do whatever it takes to get my life back ..or not...LOL....
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ALASKA