Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR > TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED

TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED If it's boosted it goes here!

Old 01-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Just Got Here

sledneck1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down 2008 m8 ovs turbo tuning

What up guys! i bought a 2008 m8 turbo with a areo charger 53 turbo and this is my first turbo sled just trying to get it to run correcly is a pain in the ass, got the low end to run fine and also mid range but as soon as it hit the turbo the beast hits the floor, its a older ovs kit with a prologic controller any advise.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:00 PM

mtnaddict Must Ride a Pro

Is your fuel controler seeing the boost? I had my boost reference line come off once and it fell on its face once the boost hit. Just a guess????
Old 01-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Just Got Here

everything in that area seems to be in good working order!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 05:37 PM

mtnaddict Must Ride a Pro

maybe your secondary injectors are not coming on? I am sure if you give a little more info on your setup and what you have tried somone might jump in here that knows a lot more than I. From what you have said so far I would say its deffinatly a fueling issue.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Prospect

sven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from AR

how much boost are you running, what fuel, what elavation, has the compression of the head been changed, is the boost refance light on the fuel controler coming on, what is the fuel pressure set to, are you sure that you are useing the fuel controller properly. make sure the vain controller on that turbo isn't gummed up or sticky, with that 53 aero on an 800 that thing is starting to spool before the mid range so it sounds like fueling to me
Old 01-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Just Got Here

it is a ovs pump gas turbo system, fuel pressure runs 40 psi it runs 6-8 lbs boost elavation is 6-8000 and it been a pain in the A%$ to tune i have been running 100octane AV fuel in her i dont know if the controller is operating properly or not,from my understanding the guys from OVS said that some of the modes shouldn't even be progammed into that box, so i think it going on a truck to the OVS shop soon they can either reprogram her or get it going then we can she what she's really got,this is my first turbo sled so its defintly a learning curve!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Just Got Here

Symptoms!!!! bottom ends been super laggin but the top end jumps in strong but not for long before it bogs, idle A/F runs 15.5-17.5 cruise runs 13.9-14.4 mid bands run 13.7 14.5 and boost runs 12.9-13.5 all super boggy like it's loaded way up after turbo blows off if you throttle it there is no responce for a secound or two then it bha bha bha then she picks up alittle not much any help is awsome thanks everyone for your help.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

From your AFR readings IMO it seems Lean.. with a lot of turbo sleds running 3/4 injectors a lean spot can act like a fat bog... What do your plugs say? If you haven't read them. Get into that WOT bog you talk about and hit the kill switch. Read all 4 of your plugs, and make sure they are gapped properly. I haven't used the dobeck style box like the purelogic before on the M series so unsure on the fuel settings you should have. But get them and post them here, might be just something small you are over looking. Also is your boost reference line for the PL box clear?? if so make sure there isn't any moisture in it.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Prospect

sven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from AR

being that you have an aero turbo there should be zero lag, wot o2 should be 12.5 - 12.7 ish idle and mid range o2 are irelivant, your fuel is good for your allitude, you can adjust turbo responce with the adjuster on the end of the vain controller where the boost refence hose is conected, pull the hose off, loosen the jam nut and turn the adjuster out untill there is no preeload on it, run it in untill it touches and the go one full turn, from there you can go in or out a half turn at a time untill you get good responce with no lag.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Just Got Here

Just to give you guys a heads up its fixed,sent it off to OVS and Travis went through it and got it running like a mad man thanks Travis,bad servo motor,bad 02 censor,bad fuel pressure regulator! once again thanks Travis and OVS awsome customer support THANKS THATS WHY YOU BUY OVS TURBO'S!!!!!!!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR > TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED