Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR > TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED

TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED If it's boosted it goes here!

Old 10-18-2010, 12:23 PM
JUNKLESS

ski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLP
ski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLP

Well done, Grasshopper
Old 10-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Prospect

TEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from ARTEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from ARTEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
TEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from ARTEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from ARTEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from ARTEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from ARTEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from ARTEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from ARTEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from ARTEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from ARTEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from ARTEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from ARTEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from ARTEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from ARTEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from ARTEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from ARTEC800 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super B View Post
Yesterday I hit a milestone with my turbo build, I was able to fire up the beast! I only found one little issue upon start up, the fuel pressure regulator was leaking fuel at one of the fittings. I will have to address that issue with some thread sealer. I hope that takes care of the issue. other than that, it was a complete success!

I'm still very impressed with the ease of installation with Silber's kit. Top notch!!

Here's a pic of the beast running.
This post is worthless without sound
Old 10-19-2010, 07:50 AM
PIMP

Special B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLP
Special B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC800 View Post
This post is worthless without sound
LOL! I'll take a little vid of it running tonight!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Chronic Basketcase

numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR
numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Nice Job fellas. Now...when we going west???
Old 10-19-2010, 08:26 PM
PIMP

Special B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLP
Special B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLP

Thanks NN! I cannot wait to get out west!!!

Here is a quick vid of the sled running. Sorry for the poor sound.. Cell phone video...

Old 10-19-2010, 08:47 PM
REBEL

Mag Offical PLPMag Offical PLPMag Offical PLPMag Offical PLP
Mag Offical PLPMag Offical PLPMag Offical PLPMag Offical PLPMag Offical PLPMag Offical PLPMag Offical PLPMag Offical PLP

Great thread really nice to see the progress pics.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Prospect

Jonce Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Jonce Has earned a rub and tug from ARJonce Has earned a rub and tug from ARJonce Has earned a rub and tug from ARJonce Has earned a rub and tug from ARJonce Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Another slow progress day

I made a oil pump bracket, it took a lot longer than anticipated to make. I used the existing rivets for the stock exhaust deflector.

I made a bracket for my boost controller and got it mounted.

I got all the lines routed to the boost controller. I also added heat tape for extra insurance (not pictured).

This is how it sits until the weekend. I want to redo the turbo blanket tie downs. It doesn't look clean but it is functional. I want it to be both, I will figure it out....just need time to think about it.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:07 PM
JUNKLESS

ski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLP
ski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLPski-doo junkie Offical PLP

So Is the the button I have to twist around when your not lookin ?????
Old 10-20-2010, 07:54 PM
PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski-doo junkie View Post
And this is the reason why I hid my boost controller.........

Looks good Adam!

I got my pipe wrap painted, oil pump secured, vent cut out, installed pipe and tunnel dump pipe and wired my a/f gauge. Only thing left is the clutch weights and fuel controller.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Prospect

Jonce Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Jonce Has earned a rub and tug from ARJonce Has earned a rub and tug from ARJonce Has earned a rub and tug from ARJonce Has earned a rub and tug from ARJonce Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski-doo junkie View Post
If you are filling my sled with 100% good gas, then YES! The boost is limited by the weak spring in the waste gate. I need to test it but I'm guessing it will only hold 7-8 psi of boost right now. I have a stiffer spring that should hold twice as much boost.

My oil pump bracket is a little over built but its the best/easiest thing I could come up without owning a machine shop.

I'm still a good days work away from starting it. I built an electrical harness that plugs into the existing 2 prong plug. Now I have 3 two prong plugs: oil pump, afr gauge, and boost gauge (for lights). I still need to figure how how I want to run the power for the intercooler fan.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR > TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED