Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > CALIFORNIA & NEVADA

Old 11-28-2009, 10:32 PM

IShartd Has earned a reach around from Rebel
Default Blue Lakes

11/28/2009 Good ride for the time of year, over 2' on the road, cut trail around blue lakes and up to lost lakes, little wind blown and exposed up top, northeast facing slopes are pretty bare from the wind, good start though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC09641.jpg (23.9 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09642.jpg (34.1 KB, 61 views)
Old 11-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Just Got Here

k-dog is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the report, I did not think lost lake wood be that frozen to park your sled their. how was the climb up to lost any rocks u tagged ? or did u guys park at red lakes.

Last edited by k-dog; 11-29-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:38 AM

silvertip Has earned a rub and tug from ARsilvertip Has earned a rub and tug from ARsilvertip Has earned a rub and tug from ARsilvertip Has earned a rub and tug from ARsilvertip Has earned a rub and tug from ARsilvertip Has earned a rub and tug from ARsilvertip Has earned a rub and tug from ARsilvertip Has earned a rub and tug from ARsilvertip Has earned a rub and tug from ARsilvertip Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Great to see you got out also.
Have a good one
Old 11-29-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-dog View Post
Thanks for the report, I did not think lost lake wood be that frozen to park your sled their. how was the climb up to lost any rocks u tagged ? or did u guys park at red lakes.
Came around from Blue Lake and up, Good coverage on the road, The lake is not frozen, we just parked on the dry outcropping to the West. Rode up to the top of Red lake pass today, not a lot of coverage, wind really blew it around up top.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Just Got Here

My buddy, SkippyZ, went out there today. I think he ran into you guys. He was by himself on a 2010 Summit X. I should have went with him but I knew it was going to be strictly a road ride. But from your pics, looks deeper than what I had last week. One of these days we should hook up. 90% of my riding is at Blue Lakes.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-dog View Post
My buddy, SkippyZ, went out there today. I think he ran into you guys. He was by himself on a 2010 Summit X. I should have went with him but I knew it was going to be strictly a road ride. But from your pics, looks deeper than what I had last week. One of these days we should hook up. 90% of my riding is at Blue Lakes.
Its funny you say that, I could not remember his name, use to know him from back in the day in South Shore, but couldnt remember his name, Hes got a nice sled, ran it out of fuel, offered him a tow but he said he was good. We ride out of there about 3 times a week when the snows good, get up to Monitor and Ebbetts a lot to, got a key to the gates depending on snow conditions. Hit me up when your thinking about going out, we'll get a ride together.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Just Got Here

I always wanted to ride ebbets & monitor don't know anyone who rides them, My friend's name is Steve Zehren if that rings a bell, i'll shoot u a pm when we get some deep!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:47 AM

dmkhnr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdmkhnr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdmkhnr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdmkhnr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdmkhnr Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Looks better than I expected. I'm going up today to take the f7 for a rip. Should be a great conditions for this sled.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmkhnr View Post
Looks better than I expected. I'm going up today to take the f7 for a rip. Should be a great conditions for this sled.
The road going out is probably going to be a bit sketchy for the first mile or so, I'd roll out to the Indian Creek Meadow and screw around out there, good coverage and not a lot of buried bombs to blow a A arm out on.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:49 AM

dmkhnr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdmkhnr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdmkhnr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdmkhnr Has earned a rub and tug from ARdmkhnr Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Plenty of snow on the road. And we hit the meadow up on top before you drop into bluelakes. Didn't hit anything but I was keeping the sled flat. It's too risky to veer off the road right now.
There were 4 other vehicles up there yesterday.
There is supposed to be a big one coming in the 8-16th. We should be good to go after that.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > CALIFORNIA & NEVADA