Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - CANADA > BRITISH COLUMBIA

Old 05-25-2010, 12:18 AM
REBEL

ridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from AR
ridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Stewart, BC/Hyder, AK

So i'm mulling over the idea of taking a senior trip down there next winter probably in late march or early april and was just wondering if any of you guys have ever ridden this place? it looks great in some of the movies i've seen. So i guess my biggest question is how difficult is the riding there? I'm no pro rider by any means and i'm just kind of wondering if theres areas besides huge climbs to spend time in.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:47 AM
REBEL

MOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from AR
MOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridealaska View Post
So i'm mulling over the idea of taking a senior trip down there next winter probably in late march or early april and was just wondering if any of you guys have ever ridden this place? it looks great in some of the movies i've seen. So i guess my biggest question is how difficult is the riding there? I'm no pro rider by any means and i'm just kind of wondering if theres areas besides huge climbs to spend time in.
That's so funny RA... Kev and I were just google earthing Hyder/Stewart and brainstorming about a trip there! I've only been in the fall (not riding) when the bears were eating in the river. Cool place.
Really interested in this thread!!
Old 05-25-2010, 07:30 PM
REBEL

whittaker727 Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhittaker727 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
whittaker727 Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhittaker727 Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhittaker727 Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhittaker727 Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhittaker727 Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhittaker727 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Get ahold of Dave Craig from the Roops of Hazard films. He owns/owned a lodge there. They typically start riding in October and it can't be too steep and nasty since I see most of those guys ride 146 XP's. 250-636-2640

Last edited by whittaker727; 05-25-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Prospect

rdr99 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrdr99 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrdr99 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrdr99 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrdr99 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I have ridden there, used to live about 4 hours away. There is riding for everyone, pack gas, because you won't want to stop. Trail in is easy, though not always groomed, after that it is what ever kind of riding you want. You will not be dissapointed.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:50 PM
i dunno

icr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from AR
icr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Stewart has everything from lakes, rolling hills with trees, to nasty climbs. It takes little to no skill to navigate the trail up if there isn't 5 feet of fresh over night, and you choose the level of difficulty in terrain you want from there. The riding area is HUGE and has some of the sickest terrain I've seen.

I wouldn't bring a short track but I've seen guys do it and get around fine. Dave sold the lodge and moved, which sucks because he was always willing to show guys around and ran a nice lodge.

bring a shovel, it snows there
Old 05-27-2010, 12:52 AM
REBEL

ridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from AR
ridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from ARridealaska Has earned a rub and tug from AR

That looks fawking sick! don't need to worry about trails because we don't got any here and I don't got a short track. Here all we have is tree covered, pretty much hills. No big open terrain and that place looks like exactly what I'm looking for!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:09 AM
i dunno

icr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from AR
icr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from ARicr Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridealaska View Post
don't need to worry about trails
It's not bad if it isn't deep, but watch the edge

It snowed 4feet over night, we spent all day breaking trail, that's a 153 M8 buried on the trail
Old 05-27-2010, 08:15 AM
REBEL

MOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from AR
MOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from ARMOMMA DRINK Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Awesome pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 07:38 PM
REBEL

rmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
rmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Well im packing up and moving see ya there
Old 05-31-2010, 09:01 PM
REBEL

rmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
rmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from ARrmk 700 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

here is a vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ8gk...eature=related
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - CANADA > BRITISH COLUMBIA