Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - CANADA > BRITISH COLUMBIA

Old 08-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Just Got Here

brn2ride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Crossing the Canadian Border

Myself and a couple buddies are really excited for a "MANcation" to Revelstoke this coming sled season. We are hauling our sleds across the USA/Canada border.

I was curious if anyone has had experience crossing the border with your sleds and equipment. I need some info on documentation, how long it takes, any tips for a trouble free crossing, and anything else I need to know. The last thing we want is to drive 8-10 hours and not have everything we need and not get across.

Any info from you guys is much appreciated!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:41 AM
BCR Resident Tramp

Timber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLP
Timber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLPTimber_Tramp Offical PLP

Make sure you don't have any criminal charges against you.
If you have a DUI , entry could be denied .

As far as your sleds and gear go; maybe Twisted Boost will chime in. He has ridden in Canada a few times and could probably give you some good advise.

www.canadasledparts.com

http://www.modsskis.com/
Old 08-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Voice of Reason

Ms. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Ms. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from AR

We cross back and forth all the time and everytime we cross it is a crap shoot. There is the way things are "supposed" to go and then there is the way things really go depending on how long the line ups are and the mood of the guard you get at the crossing.

My best advice and when I don't know what to do is I call the port that I am crossing at and ask questions then you will know exactly what to bring and you are prepared for the way things are supposed to go. Don't rely on what your buddy says etc not that Bootsy isn't reliable but when you call you get the info from the horses mouth so to speak.

There that's your free advice for today.....LOL!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:18 PM
"This is all my fault"

Twisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLP
Twisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLPTwisted Boost Offical PLP

LOL Ms. S....... My advice is tell them what they ask of you... Don't lie be truthful and honest and the pain is simple.. From what I see you guys are hauling and gear you shouldn't have any problem... Extra gear and sleds might take a little longer and a great explanation! It took me 2 hours going up last time and 10 minutes coming back in but I had some issues on the way up with a FARM ANIMAL.., Like Tramp stated the DUI or Criminal charge could be a issue otherwise "HAVE FUN" you will be in for a treat!!

Good first post too....

Boost.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:24 PM
REBEL

Bocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Bocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from ARBocephus Has earned a rub and tug from AR

my previous employer sent myself and 3 other guys up to canada for a week for training. we never made it past the boarder because one of the guys got a DUI in ND 9 years ago. they said "no way is he coming in".
Old 08-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Prospect

Meyer907 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMeyer907 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMeyer907 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMeyer907 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMeyer907 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMeyer907 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMeyer907 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMeyer907 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMeyer907 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMeyer907 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

There is a application you can fill out at the boarder if you have a DUI and I think it is around 150.00 to process, then you will be told no you can not enter.

We used to head up to White Horse for a softball tournament every year. We had a couple guys on the team with a DUI and none of them ever made it. Now it probably did help that everybody in the team van minus the driver was usually hammered from the ferry ride to Skagway but... It sucked to draw short straw to drive.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:56 PM
REBEL

FLIT Has earned a rub and tug from ARFLIT Has earned a rub and tug from ARFLIT Has earned a rub and tug from ARFLIT Has earned a rub and tug from ARFLIT Has earned a rub and tug from ARFLIT Has earned a rub and tug from ARFLIT Has earned a rub and tug from ARFLIT Has earned a rub and tug from ARFLIT Has earned a rub and tug from ARFLIT Has earned a rub and tug from ARFLIT Has earned a rub and tug from ARFLIT Has earned a rub and tug from ARFLIT Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Do you want just general info or specific info. If it is specific, PM me.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Just Got Here

brn2ride is an unknown quantity at this point

This forum is awesome! I have really never posted anything but read posts frequently. Part of my post season snowmobile rehab.

Anyway, I am so excited to head to Revelstoke! I have watched all the videos for years and have wanted to sled up north for as long as I can remember. The smoother the vacation goes the more fun it will be. Thanks for all your advice and help. We will watch it on the liquid courage!

Anybody stay at the Glacier House? Any thoughts or suggestions for a first timer?

Thanks again.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:15 AM
Voice of Reason

Ms. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Ms. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from ARMs. Swimmer Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I know there is one place in Revy that quite a few sledders have had bad experiences at and I can't remember off the top of my head which one it is. I'll find out and get back to you if it is Glacier House or not.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Voice of Reason

Yup it's Glacier House.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - CANADA > BRITISH COLUMBIA