Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS

SLED HEADS General Sled Chat

Old 12-03-2017, 07:49 AM
Prospect

spomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from AR
spomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default carrying an extra shovel dont chip your power coated tunnel

I carry all my Avy stuff on my back like your supposed to but using your shovel or saw requires you take your backpack off..for some reason this is an issue for me and I almost never do...so I decided to carry an additional shovel on the tunnel. I have a backpack style tunnel bag so it's not a big deal, it has a blade pouch and handle storage.

I decided to get this shovel. It is LEXAN so it won't chip my powder coated shovel.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/snowmobile-...72.m2749.l2649

It has a saw in the handle. i asked Voile if they had a lexan shovel and they didnt...sux because they have the best idea for the saw...it clips into the handle and your saw is now as long as your handle. works awesome for getting under the sled.

Trees are mostly air....mostly.....Cept'n that center part!!!!
Old 12-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

I too keep all on my back in a BCA mt pro vest with black diamond S7 shovel and 7" saw you can get from Fred Meyer made by Corona. I also have a B1 shovel in a tunnel bag and a 10" folding saw from home depot

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arctic-Cat-...-/302412357052

plastic shovels will not cut into set up snow an this is easy to get to and has cam locks to take it on and off.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:28 AM
Prospect

spomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from AR
spomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from ARspomey Has earned a rub and tug from AR

76 can you post pictures of the cam lock setup? always looking for better storage ideas. I always wanted clips just behind the front bumper and the handle end up by the windshield to hold the shovel over the hood...also helping push branches out of the way. but havent figured it out. yet.

Trees are mostly air....mostly.....Cept'n that center part!!!!
Old 12-06-2017, 08:21 AM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spomey View Post
76 can you post pictures of the cam lock setup? always looking for better storage ideas. I always wanted clips just behind the front bumper and the handle end up by the windshield to hold the shovel over the hood...also helping push branches out of the way. but havent figured it out. yet.
just click on the link it has pictures you just have to scroll
Old 12-06-2017, 09:02 PM
REBEL

FatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
FatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from ARFatDog Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Shovel / avy gear on your back and an extra shovel in or on a tunnel pack is the way to go. The shovel and gear on my back is for emergency use or we just simply need another shovel in the mix to help, otherwise it stays in my pack.

I personally don't care for the lexan shovels or any "cheap" shovel for that matter. Spend a little extra, get a good quality shovel and don't be disappointed or wishing you would have a better one when someone's life depends on it.
HD Street Glide
Legend enclosed (The Toy Box)

Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS