Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > MINNESOTA

Old 08-09-2012, 07:49 AM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
Don't lie Wiz, you are an old man you watch every vehicle that goes past your house and then watch for it to go back past.
Hey skinny, I 'resemble' that remark.

"Go back past"? Did you learn English in Aitkin County?
Actually I/we are on a dead end road. Neighbor Doug is at the "dead end", with his float plane hangar, about 500 feet south of me.
Four other places inbetween.

I'm glad to be alive and able to watch the neighborhood.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:52 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP
xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowizard View Post
Hey skinny, I 'resemble' that remark.

"Go back past"? Did you learn English in Aitkin County?
Actually I/we are on a dead end road. Neighbor Doug is at the "dead end", with his float plane hangar, about 500 feet south of me.
Four other places inbetween.

I'm glad to be alive and able to watch the neighborhood.
OK is go back out better?

We speak a bit different over in the swamp.

Proud member of the BCR Chit Box Brain Trust!!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:10 PM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Du View Post
any word on whos plane it was?
I found out the plane belongs to the owner of a large construction company from just outside Deerwood, on the Deerwood cut-off.
Last name begins with "T", sorrry don't remember exactly and don't want to guess.
He has $200,000 stuck in that plane, but he owns other planes. I'm told. This afternoon they were running the engine again, at a fast idle from the sound. I was busy painting, and didn't walk down there.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:19 AM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowizard View Post
I found out the plane belongs to the owner of a large construction company from just outside Deerwood, on the Deerwood cut-off.
Last name begins with "T", sorrry don't remember exactly and don't want to guess.
He has $200,000 stuck in that plane, but he owns other planes. I'm told. This afternoon they were running the engine again, at a fast idle from the sound. I was busy painting, and didn't walk down there.
spaji const most likely. i suppose there fixing to fly it right out of there vs trucking it.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:33 AM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Just found this video...another small plane crash that just hit the webs... not a float plane but holy crap gopro footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDu0j...layer_embedded

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 08-10-2012, 03:12 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Wonder what happened there!?!?!

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 08-10-2012, 09:24 PM
REBEL

UPDATE: Float Plane

Just 5 days after it flipped upside down in the water, and was completely soaked, I watched it take off and fly away this afternoon.

The pilot taxi'ed around for sevral minutes, then made some runs on water with the floats on the step, and eventually took off.

Then made some circles over the lake at maybe 1,000ft, and eventually headed home (I think) about 15 miles away.
Amazing.

(This item in the loacl paper today.)

The pilot of a float plane that crashed in to North Long Lake at about 1 p.m. on Aug. 5 has been identified.

John Spalj, 55, of Deerwood, was not seriously injured in the crash that submerged his float plane, the Crow Wing County Sheriff’s Department reported.

A man who was fishing with family members on the main bay of North Long Lake, but who wished to remain anonymous, said it appeared Spalj had the plane under control while coming in for a landing on the lake before crashing into the lake.

Last edited by Snowizard; 08-11-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:01 AM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

if man was meant to fly he would have wings
Old 08-11-2012, 09:04 AM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Du View Post
if man was meant to fly he would have wings
Nah, more fun falling with style!!

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 08-18-2012, 07:05 AM
REBEL

CRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLP
CRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLPCRIX Offical PLP

whats with the float planes in that area one crashed into alexander last summer wait he has other planes maybe he likes to crash one per year
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > MINNESOTA