Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > MINNESOTA

Old 07-18-2012, 01:28 PM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledboy82 View Post
What did you pickup today for rain wiz? I was dark to our south this morning and heading your way
Just looked in the gauge, and dumped out 1/4". Its been fairly dry last several days. Puddles in my lower yard toward the beach are slowly disappearing. Lake is still way too high.

Overcast, humid and 67* at the moment.

The "flying carp" (aka Canada Geese) have been roosting, and chitting all over my dock at night. Jeebus what a mess. Worse than a flock of sheep.
Easily about 40 of the damn things.

I improvised a a string line around the dock about 1-ft above, and that has been keeping them away.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:45 PM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP
xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP

A pellet gun really keeps them away

Proud member of the BCR Chit Box Brain Trust!!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 02:40 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

My folks like it when we bring the dog for a visit. He likes to chase them down. M-80's work too, neighbors don't care for it though.

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 07-18-2012, 03:29 PM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
A pellet gun really keeps them away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 View Post
My folks like it when we bring the dog for a visit. He likes to chase them down. M-80's work too, neighbors don't care for it though.
My neighbors dogs love to charge down the hill full speed and watch the geese scatter.A lot of honking, wings flapping, water splashing, and dogs barking.
Funny stuff. !-Golden Retreiver, and 1-Red Lab.

The dogs walk back up and look so proud of themselves.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:13 PM
BCR's Souless Ginger

xrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLPxrated Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 View Post
Lots of things some neighbors on lakes don't care for or appreciate...like a shotgun blasting at 8pm when the new people down the shore are having their first lake side fire. But the two neighbors between our docks sure as hell appreciated me killing a muskrat. My oh my how lake people have changed in my short life.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:32 PM
REBEL

Damn muskrat last summer burrowed under my shore line rip-rap rocks, and had a burrow on the beach side. Its not around this summer, but now the burrow had turned into a sink hole with standing water.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:53 AM
BCR's Souless Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowizard View Post
Damn muskrat last summer burrowed under my shore line rip-rap rocks, and had a burrow on the beach side. Its not around this summer, but now the burrow had turned into a sink hole with standing water.
Hence the shotgun. Or wait for early ice and pop them when they come up to a breathing hole.

Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > MINNESOTA