Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO

Old 01-17-2014, 04:54 PM
Prospect

DiVo Has earned a rub and tug from ARDiVo Has earned a rub and tug from ARDiVo Has earned a rub and tug from ARDiVo Has earned a rub and tug from ARDiVo Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default DIY : Snowboard / Ski Rack Examples

Who has done one, which route did you go? I was going to order a CFR rack @ $550 for the set up I wanted but I figure it may be a better deal for me to just build one. Post pics if you have.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:30 AM
Just Got Here

Jbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Very simple and inexpensive DIY...I had a 4" gray PVC pipe in the garage. I cut it to about a foot long and placed it on the back of the sled on the back bumper. I grabbed a pair of skies and a snow board and put them on the sled in the optimal spot. Made a mark where the skis crossed it and cut a notch 3/4 the way through to accept the boards. I reinforced the slots with some U bolts and nuts to hold it in place. This came in handy because the bottom of the u bolt fit right next to the bumper and i was able to attach the contraption with some short ski straps.
This all sounds confusing. Ill take some pictures this week. It is probably $10 in parts and is very easily removable if i just want to go sled.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:26 AM

AKToonces Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToonces Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToonces Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToonces Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToonces Has earned a rub and tug from ARAKToonces Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Used a cheap ATV rifle rack like this
http://www.amazon.com/ATV-Tek-VFG1-V.../dp/B004FGX2H8
Mounted one on the rear bumper and one on the running board and used old snowboard binding straps to keep everything snug.

I leave the bases on all the time and just take the forks off if I am not using them. Takes less than two minutes to switch it back and forth.

Under $50
Old 03-16-2014, 05:20 PM
Prospect

n16ht5 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
n16ht5 Has earned a rub and tug from ARn16ht5 Has earned a rub and tug from ARn16ht5 Has earned a rub and tug from ARn16ht5 Has earned a rub and tug from ARn16ht5 Has earned a rub and tug from ARn16ht5 Has earned a rub and tug from ARn16ht5 Has earned a rub and tug from ARn16ht5 Has earned a rub and tug from ARn16ht5 Has earned a rub and tug from ARn16ht5 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

thanks for the link on the atv racks.. I might try that
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO