Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO

Old 02-22-2014, 04:35 AM

skidoo144 Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoo144 Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoo144 Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoo144 Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoo144 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default 2011 skidoo etec 800 overheating

It runs fine as long as you are in some good snow but as soon as you get in the harder snow and ride for awhile it overheats. It had the piston recall done on it when I bought it so maybe and air bubble not sure has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2014, 10:56 AM

IGETDOWN is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have a cut down snow flap? If so in low snow your not getting snow throwing around the tunnel. Try some scratchers or a new flap.

05 Ski doo Renegade 600 sdi
13 Backcountry X 800 e tec
13 Renegade X 600 e tec

Groomers
08 Pisten Bully Edge
10 Pisten Bully Trail bully

Old 02-23-2014, 11:09 AM
REBEL

montanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR
montanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR

even with the stock flap your gonna get hot in low snow conditions.
scratchers are a must or you can drag your feet on the trail all day
Old 03-01-2014, 07:29 AM

skidoo144 Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoo144 Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoo144 Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoo144 Has earned a rub and tug from ARskidoo144 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Has air bubble I just can get it out ...any advice

Old 03-01-2014, 09:55 AM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Lift the nose of the sled up. We used the ramp off the trailer. Pulled the cap and ran the sled that way till it was warm. Topped off coolant and worked for the rest of the weekend. Still has a little leak some place as there is a small puddle under the sled from time to time.

Mac Daddy

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 03-03-2014, 10:08 AM
REBEL

Winter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLP
Winter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLP

The Doo's self bleed most of the time, they will always get hot in anything under a couple inches of fresh without scratchers and keeping your speed up.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:48 PM

So that is normal ?

Old 03-04-2014, 01:59 PM
REBEL

montanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR
montanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARmontanasledhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR

yep ,, if your not in enough snow to lube the hyfax you immediately increase drag and friction the warmer they get the higher the drag and the problem gets worse . I've seen tracks melted to the hyfax in two inches of fresh on a groomed base going riding . 2in paddle is going to keep most of the track off the snow. That's the track part building heat and loading the engine. Then the fact that very little is being thrown into the heat exchangers your really going to heat up.
go for a ride and drag you feet does it over heat?? try the same without foot dragging . if its fine draggin your feet buy scratchers and let them do the foot draggin for you
Old 03-04-2014, 10:11 PM

Runs fine with the ice scratcher down but the guys riding in front of me on a skidoo 800 not overheating make me think something is wrong ?

Old 03-04-2014, 10:15 PM
REBEL

my wifes 04 800 is a 151 and she can ride on less snow than me
my 154 800 2011 if the track isn't hidden by snow when your stopped your putting down scratchers .
is your heat exchanger getting warn to the tail of the tunnel
if so and its good with scratchers
drop them and enjoy
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO