Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO

Old 02-08-2014, 04:38 PM
REBEL

DKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from AR
DKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default 09 XP 600 HO - secondary

The belt deflection is way off so I backed out the black plastic plug trying to get the deflection out but the sheeve is stuck or something. The belt is riding down in the secondary and sloppy loose. Even with the black plug backed way out the sheeve acts like something is hitting it preventing it from slamming fully closed

any ideas?
Old 02-08-2014, 04:41 PM
REBEL

DKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from AR
DKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from ARDKY Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I have this type with the tool

Old 02-09-2014, 11:12 AM
REBEL

Nitroskidude Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Nitroskidude Has earned a rub and tug from ARNitroskidude Has earned a rub and tug from AR

There is a nut inside the plastic portion there you are turning.
Loosen the nut then tighten (righty tighty) the black plastic adjuster deally to desired belt deflection and then tighten the nut back up.

Keep in mind you will want to turn the drive train as you tighten the black cap to alow the belt to rise up to the ocation. once you have it fire it up run the clutches through there paces with the ars hangin in the air and let clutches come down to idle then ccheck your belt position and walla you should be good to go.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:47 PM
REBEL

That little nut serves as a lock nut, isn't the problem I turn the plastic thing fine.

I'll upload a vid, might help folks see what I'm talking about.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Prospect

LRD Has earned a rub and tug from AR
LRD Has earned a rub and tug from ARLRD Has earned a rub and tug from ARLRD Has earned a rub and tug from ARLRD Has earned a rub and tug from ARLRD Has earned a rub and tug from ARLRD Has earned a rub and tug from ARLRD Has earned a rub and tug from ARLRD Has earned a rub and tug from ARLRD Has earned a rub and tug from ARLRD Has earned a rub and tug from ARLRD Has earned a rub and tug from ARLRD Has earned a rub and tug from ARLRD Has earned a rub and tug from ARLRD Has earned a rub and tug from ARLRD Has earned a rub and tug from AR

You may have some busted rollers in your secondary, when that happens a lot of times it will hold the secondary open. They are a very COMMON issue for breaking. Replace with High Torque rollers, much more durable.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:56 PM
REBEL

now we're talking, when I rotate the sheeve it's clunking back and forth a couple of inches and not rolling open.

I'm used to cat secondary's and done some work on them but haven't messed with a doo secondary.

is this an easy job or should I send it off to a shop? I need to figure out how to remove the seconday too, haven't done that before on a Doo. I looked it up some and looks like I need to remove it from the chaincase side and slide the jackshaft out?
Old 02-09-2014, 01:58 PM
REBEL

Here's the vid, turn your volume down it's loud

You can see the deflection adjuster is backed way out and the belt is sloppy loose and riding low.

My son about burnt up his old belt, so I have a brand new one and will clean up the sheeves before I'm done they're nasty looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw5Fc...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-09-2014, 04:01 PM
REBEL

It was the rollers, one of them busted apart into three pieces the other one was ok.

I'll put some aftermarket ones in.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:32 PM
REBEL

Nitroskidude Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Nitroskidude Has earned a rub and tug from ARNitroskidude Has earned a rub and tug from AR

just make sure when you take the bolts out that hold the rollers in you remove the little E-clip at the top of the roller on the bolt or you will strip the torx head on the bolt.
'
Learned that the hard way.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:34 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroskidude View Post
just make sure when you take the bolts out that hold the rollers in you remove the little E-clip at the top of the roller on the bolt or you will strip the torx head on the bolt.
'
Learned that the hard way.
So did I

Well I didn't strip the bolt that would suck, I have an impact torq head 3/8 drive socket and an air gun....zipped em out and shot the e-clip half way across the shop.

Ah well, I got new roller studs coming from hi-torque rollers in Creston BC.
3 day fedex an EPI spring compressor and should be good to go this weekend

Last edited by DKY; 02-10-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO