Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS

SLED HEADS General Sled Chat

Old 12-30-2012, 02:33 PM
REBEL

justadude Has earned a rub and tug from AR
justadude Has earned a rub and tug from ARjustadude Has earned a rub and tug from ARjustadude Has earned a rub and tug from ARjustadude Has earned a rub and tug from ARjustadude Has earned a rub and tug from ARjustadude Has earned a rub and tug from ARjustadude Has earned a rub and tug from ARjustadude Has earned a rub and tug from ARjustadude Has earned a rub and tug from ARjustadude Has earned a rub and tug from ARjustadude Has earned a rub and tug from ARjustadude Has earned a rub and tug from ARjustadude Has earned a rub and tug from ARjustadude Has earned a rub and tug from ARjustadude Has earned a rub and tug from AR

WTF? 8 hours to go 5 miles??? That does not sound like any kind of fun, in fact it sounds like a waste of a days riding!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Du View Post
wow, glad it turned out the way it did. i'm trying to invision the trail you took in there, was it down a steep hill weaving through timber? call me stupid but thats the kind of riding my usual group enjoys breaking trail through a tight timbered revines, taking 8 hrs to go 5 miles type of rides
Old 12-30-2012, 03:16 PM
REBEL

snowhawkaddict is off the scalesnowhawkaddict is off the scalesnowhawkaddict is off the scalesnowhawkaddict is off the scalesnowhawkaddict is off the scalesnowhawkaddict is off the scale
Default Great story, reads like a breaking news disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post
Geeze, I'm a big puss. I can't drop into anything, unless I know what's down there. It's a glitch I have.

Glad you guys are OK, and aren't camping all night.
Wonder how many passengers on a train watching through the window have wished they could get off track? Ever seen a lifted 4x4 RV?

You fellas are missing out, young or old, one ski is the way!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:17 PM
REBEL

Wade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLP
Wade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowhawkaddict View Post
Wonder how many passengers on a train watching through the window have wished they could get off track? Ever seen a lifted 4x4 RV?

Got a one ski in the garage. Now, if I could just get time to ride it, with others that rode them.

Oh, I'm all about going away from the masses, and into drainages. I just like to start at the bottom, and work my way up, not drop into an area with no hope of return. I'm boring, sorry.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Prospect

cerhai Has earned a rub and tug from ARcerhai Has earned a rub and tug from ARcerhai Has earned a rub and tug from AR
cerhai Has earned a rub and tug from ARcerhai Has earned a rub and tug from ARcerhai Has earned a rub and tug from ARcerhai Has earned a rub and tug from ARcerhai Has earned a rub and tug from ARcerhai Has earned a rub and tug from ARcerhai Has earned a rub and tug from ARcerhai Has earned a rub and tug from AR

wow this exact same thing happened to our riding group a few years ago, we abandoned the sleds and hiked down a creek bed, hoping all rivers lead somewhere, we hiked out to the freeway at 3 in the morning, a pickup stopped and took us back to our trucks.
A week after we went in to get the sleds with loggers winches (chainsaw winch) scoped out some maps and broke a trail in, ended up pretty much right above the sleds 3k vertical drop, and we were at the sleds, except there were 3 more sleds then when we left, turned out some guys followed our tracks to the same doom, search and rescue found them, The day we were getting the sleds out there was a news paper article labeled "Snowmobile graveyard found" the story was about the rescue of the other guys. It took us 18 hours to get our sleds out (5 sleds), 150 feet at a time. One day I will hike down there to see if those other sleds got recovered.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:58 PM
REBEL

snowhawkaddict is off the scalesnowhawkaddict is off the scalesnowhawkaddict is off the scalesnowhawkaddict is off the scalesnowhawkaddict is off the scalesnowhawkaddict is off the scale
Default I'm seeing a pattern here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCo4Jr91YuM

Remember walking uphill both ways to school?

Skip the bus, all the cool kids roll up in Escalades now!

Old 12-30-2012, 08:37 PM
"Sick and Twisted"

Adrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLP
Adrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post
Geeze, I'm a big puss. I can't drop into anything, unless I know what's down there. It's a glitch I have.

Glad you guys are OK, and aren't camping all night.
I have the same glitch, Been there done that.
I NEVER drop into something that I'm not absolutely sure of what lies down there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
That is one hell of a story!! I don't ever want to be put in that postion!
I'm like you Wade. However, I always follow one of my buddies once or twice a ride and end up getting digging session out if it. Then back to only going where I know the terrain!
Smart Man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
WTF? 8 hours to go 5 miles??? That does not sound like any kind of fun, in fact it sounds like a waste of a days riding!
Yep, Fawk that, The "Elderly Guy" could have had a stroke or coronary fighting through that mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowhawkaddict View Post

Listen Sh!tbag, we let you hang out here as long as you don't start posting your BS "Oneski" insults outside of the snowhawk section, we don't bother you, DON'T be a dick here.
BCR #343
Proud member of team WTF?

A Little Older, A Little Wiser...
Well, A Little Older Anyway
http://www.northwestglaciercruisers.com/
http://www.wssa.us/
http://www.snowmobile-alliance.org/
http://www.sharetrails.org/
http://www.nwac.us/

Old 12-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

man you guys are luck SOB's
i never drop into stuff unless i know or (just as you did) follow guys who do......dam
Old 12-30-2012, 10:02 PM
REBEL

whee Has earned a rub and tug from AR
whee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76FoMoCo View Post
i never drop into stuff unless i know or (just as you did) follow guys who do......dam
BS. I've done some log hopping following your tracks. But I guess you did know exactly where we were so maybe that doesn't count.

Hers - 06 M7 800 BB...at lest that's what the salesman told me. It's actually a bone stock 700.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:51 AM
REBEL

Default PM sent.

I used to ride with guys who strapped oxygen to their RMK tunnels in Ellensburg, about 99/00, bet those tough bastards are still breathing.

Then there was 72' yr old Bud at Hawk Fest in Cooke two years ago. He left home to Mt. without telling us he had a heart attack at the drag races.

Doin what they love, not sitting home rusting.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:58 AM
REBEL

Wolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLP
Wolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLP

I too always had that glitch that kept me from dropping into "holes". Another real glitch was if I didn't lead I didn't go. I'm getting a knee replacement in 3 weeks so just a little trail riding to go ice fishing till then because I can't walk, and I guess I'll see what it's like after that.

MEMBER # 540
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS