Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS

SLED HEADS General Sled Chat

View Poll Results: What oil do u run and live by!?
Klotz 17 19.77%
Amsoil 24 27.91%
Redline 11 12.79%
Oem 29 33.72%
Other/Something else 5 5.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2012, 05:47 PM
REBEL

sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR
sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default WHAT OIL DO YOU SWEAR BY????

post what u like, discuss why below. i understand everyone has horror stories but lets try and get a good idea of what the majority use.... and if theres another brand u use post up!

Last edited by sledfreakco; 09-16-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:51 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

OEM stuff. Pretty cheap in bulk.
Hold onto your old bottles, look around for dealers that bought 55gal of it. Ask them if they'll refill 'em at cost.

#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:58 PM
I-Da-Azzhole

bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP

I do Amsoil in bulk from a fuel station my mom works at. I take in old Amsoil gallon jugs and a 2.5 gallon dedicated fuel jug. Good price and get by for the whole yr on one trip to the station.

Term limits....
1 in office..... 1 in JAIL!!!!!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Prospect

LucasMX358 Has earned a rub and tug from ARLucasMX358 Has earned a rub and tug from ARLucasMX358 Has earned a rub and tug from ARLucasMX358 Has earned a rub and tug from ARLucasMX358 Has earned a rub and tug from ARLucasMX358 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I ran amsoil for years, then they changed some stuff ans started gumming up valves, since then switched to Klotz! Absolutly love the klotz no gumming and smells great!
Old 09-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Prospect

PowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from AR
PowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from ARPowderPilot Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Spectro synsno mineral oil. I was sold on this brand when I saw the top end rebuild Mainjet did on Krazy Canadian's sled a few years ago. 3,000 plus miles on high boost and the pistons looked like new. I've been running it since. It smells nice too.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:20 PM
REBEL

XC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLP
XC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLP

Redline and Klotz are both top notch oils that don't gum the fawk out of your exhaust valves. Been running one or the other for years. Neither is cheap, but neither is most of the OEM stuff.

I'd planned on picking up another case of one or the other at haydays and then completely forgot.
Rebel #86

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 09-16-2012, 07:21 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

arctic blue
Old 09-16-2012, 08:11 PM
REBEL

m8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLP
m8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLPm8magic Offical PLP

redline..i have so much faith in that stuff...in the past for stockers i found shell ADVANCE ok
07/m8 Terraalps 900 bigbore kit, bmp ypipe and exhaust,jaws silencer,stm valves,bdx oil elimination and bumper kit,fastlane no snows,bdx fuel pressure regulator,dayton adj weights,shift assist,timbersled intake,timbersled mtn tamer rear skid,timbersled barkbuster frt end with fox evols diamond s hood,pure logic box,boss shorty seat,rox risers,koso dual egts koso a/r guage koso water temp guage,bdx steering post solidifier,fastlane 9 inch two wheel kit,rock rollers,Mod ski's
Old 09-16-2012, 08:37 PM
REBEL

Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Loudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from ARLoudpipe Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Polaris VES gold, if I can't get that stuff I run Klotz

07 X-RS, SHR860R, aftermarket this, modified that blah blah blah......sold
07 X-RS, SHR800R.....sold
06 summit-X, SHR 800HO, big wheels, big track, still not fast.....sold

2005 CR500AF, ported, polished, and built by me.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:39 PM
"Uncle Buck"

00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR
00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Legend zx-2r
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS