Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS

SLED HEADS General Sled Chat

Old 01-21-2013, 03:18 PM
REBEL

ericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLP
ericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLP
Default The first XM recall, soon to be more...

January 21, 2013
Re: Ski-DooŽ – E-TEC Fuel Pump Inlet Fitting Breaking

What is the potential problem?
Under certain condition, fuel pump inlet fitting may become in contact with the oil tank and can break
which could permit fuel to leak.
If such leakage occurs, fuel vapor in the presence of an ignition source could result in a fire and can
potentially cause serious injuries.

Which models are involved?
Certain 2013 Ski-Doo snowmobiles equipped with a 600 HO E-TEC engine or an 800R E-TEC. Refer to
attached Safety Campaign Bulletin for the list of involved models.

For customers: BRP is sending a Safety Recall letter to all known registered owners of the involved Ski-
Doo snowmobiles. This letter urges that the owners immediately contact their authorized BRP Ski-Doo
dealer in order to have its snowmobile repaired.

This Information for customers is posted on BRP's public website
(www.ski-doo.com).

So how long before the recall the cheesy welds in the skid??? Maybe they will make a collar or something..
Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Prospect

89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR
89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR

at least brp stepped up to the plate right away, unlike poo who waited and waited until the public outcry was so bad they had to do it. then instead of actually fixing the problem they give thier customers a bandaid, i am stuck on bandaids cause bandaids stuck on me as for cheesy welds, i've heard of 2 tmotion's failing. considering these are in all the xm's and many, many more installed in xp's as well as rev's i'd say thats a pretty outstanding record.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:35 PM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

i think you will see an recall for the rear siccor brackets also
Old 01-22-2013, 02:58 PM
"Dead Sexeh Cougar Bait"

RMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLP
RMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLPRMKcowboy Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
at least brp stepped up to the plate right away, unlike poo who waited and waited until the public outcry was so bad they had to do it. then instead of actually fixing the problem they give thier customers a bandaid, i am stuck on bandaids cause bandaids stuck on me as for cheesy welds, i've heard of 2 tmotion's failing. considering these are in all the xm's and many, many more installed in xp's as well as rev's i'd say thats a pretty outstanding record.
How many sleds have already burned down because of this problem?
90 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
91 XR 200R
Plus snow and dirt toys for the kiddos too

Honey badger would approve this message, but he don't give a sh!t.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:59 PM
REBEL

H20SKE Has earned a rub and tug from ARH20SKE Has earned a rub and tug from AR
H20SKE Has earned a rub and tug from ARH20SKE Has earned a rub and tug from AR

blah blah blah

Every machine out there is going to have some issue--it is all about how it is handled by the manufacturer.

It is always a way of getting a brand new sled if it burns to the ground I guess---

Scat happens !!!

NW Glacier Cruisers
Old 01-22-2013, 03:16 PM
"Resident two-year old"

Graveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLP
Graveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLP

are those real Simmons skis on that sled?
Old 01-22-2013, 03:46 PM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Been going on all season in the Polaris section and nobody batted an eye to that, makes me laugh.

In all seriousness, I am glad they found it early on cause a burned down sled would suck. Signed up for the demo tour in Bozeman first part of March there might be one of these in my garage next winter.

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 01-22-2013, 04:21 PM
WELCOME WAGON

Ollie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLP
Ollie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveler View Post
Best sled on the snow this year
Snow???
What is this "snow" you speak of.

Member #81
Old 01-22-2013, 05:55 PM
"Sick and Twisted"

Adrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLP
Adrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLPAdrenaline Revolution Offical PLP

I started a post here on BCR about this a week or so ago.
Two XM's caught fire because of this and the cause of a third wasn't known because there was nothing left but a pile of goo when the fire went out but the rider claimed he smelled gas very strong jus before it went up..

Glad they stepped up to fix it so fast.
Rumor has it that it was only the Estart model because a guard in place on the pull start models isn't there to protect the pump from the oil tank on a hard hit.

The fix will most likely involve a guard and some rerouting of the hose.

Glad to see Poo's fix is working too.
It's good for all of us to have brand competition.
BCR #343
Proud member of team WTF?

A Little Older, A Little Wiser...
Well, A Little Older Anyway
http://www.northwestglaciercruisers.com/
http://www.wssa.us/
http://www.snowmobile-alliance.org/
http://www.sharetrails.org/
http://www.nwac.us/

Old 01-22-2013, 06:05 PM
REBEL

ericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLP
ericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline Revolution View Post
I started a post here on BCR about this a week or so ago.
Two XM's caught fire because of this and the cause of a third wasn't known because there was nothing left but a pile of goo when the fire went out but the rider claimed he smelled gas very strong jus before it went up..

Glad they stepped up to fix it so fast.
Rumor has it that it was only the Estart model because a guard in place on the pull start models isn't there to protect the pump from the oil tank on a hard hit.

The fix will most likely involve a guard and some rerouting of the hose.

Glad to see Poo's fix is working too.
It's good for all of us to have brand competition.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^!

I wish I had the cash, I would have an XM right now!!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS