Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > WASHINGTON

Old 03-24-2011, 05:32 AM
"Virgin Destroyer"

xpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLP
xpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLP
Default street sled

mixin it up a little.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL-wOuLmQxc

2015 T3 summit X 163-3 inch Roosterbuilt R&D machine. The Trainer.

Crazy as a squirrel, nutty in the brain.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:34 AM
CAPTAIN

Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP
Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP

I cant see youtube at work, but a street legal converted sled is a project that has been in the back of my mind for years. I have the suspension, drivetrain, wheels, electronics, cooling, sled, etc all planned out... Just need the time and $$!
Wife wont let me own a bike..... so this is my "loop hole" haha

Last edited by Bump; 03-24-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:52 AM
REBEL

ericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLP
ericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
I cant see youtube at work, but a street legal converted sled is a project that has been in the back of my mind for years. I have the suspension, drivetrain, wheels, electronics, cooling, sled, etc all planned out... Just need the time and $$!
Wife wont let me own a bike..... so this is my "loop hole" haha
It's the ghost rider clip. Curt and Justin at Fastrax built one out of a Polaris FST and it hauls a$$. It's not exactly street legal but it could be retrod.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:05 AM
CAPTAIN

Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP
Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP

I have plans to make one out of an older Storm 800. 2 stages: build it with off road tires and use it as a 4 wheeler until the bugs get worked out and then worry about street legalizing.

Rough Photoshop:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg test3.JPG (59.0 KB, 85 views)
Old 03-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Prospect

Cascade Crud Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Cascade Crud Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Off another vid, dude has a camera on his dash. Dude is going 280 kph and ghost rider passes him like he's standing still

Bringing the rest of the world a look at Northwest hardcore sledding. NorthWest Freeriders
www.facebook.com/pages/NorthWest-Freeriders

http://www.northwestfreeriders.com/index.html
Old 03-24-2011, 10:12 PM

FirstGenCTD Has earned a rub and tug from ARFirstGenCTD Has earned a rub and tug from ARFirstGenCTD Has earned a rub and tug from ARFirstGenCTD Has earned a rub and tug from ARFirstGenCTD Has earned a rub and tug from AR

280kph = 174mph. Plus he's wheelie-ing by him.
member#187

09 M8 162"
Old 03-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Prospect

sven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
I have plans to make one out of an older Storm 800. 2 stages: build it with off road tires and use it as a 4 wheeler until the bugs get worked out and then worry about street legalizing.

Rough Photoshop:
I hate to be a nay sayer but tires and trailing arms doen't work together, a friend of mine has built sumer sled this way and no mater what heim joints that where used they just wouldn't hold up to the added leverage of the tire being out so wide. we found that the iq chassis has worked the best out of all the different sumer sled that we have helped build.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:51 AM
REBEL

ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP
ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP

Quote:

Rough Photoshop:
Oh heck thats one of those new ski-doo backwards tri-cycle thingys??? I wondered where they got the idea.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > WASHINGTON