Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS

SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS Forum dedicated to the single ski riders

Old 02-19-2016, 04:23 PM
Just Got Here

bobolich Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Have any of you tried both the timbersled and the jeti ski?
Which one do you prefer for all round use, powder to trail?
Old 02-19-2016, 04:52 PM
Prospect

roo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobolich View Post
Have any of you tried both the timbersled and the jeti ski?
Which one do you prefer for all round use, powder to trail?
Prior to the yeti i was running a timbersled ski. Many times over our last 4 day trip i jumped on a hawk that is setup really simular to mine.For all around use, (as of right now) i would pick the timbersled.
But things dont always work perfect out of the gate, you have to also consider all i did and yeti did was make the yeti ski fit my hawk. There is room for improvement, which i will keep looking for in the weeks to come. (Need some more snow)
Will try a couple different set backs, lighten up the damper on the rear allowing front of ski to ride higher and lighten up my ski pressure. And also change my bar posistion back to stock to lessen the positive steering.
Hopefully we can make it perform better in the areas where it lacks because the areas where it shines are awesome.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:14 PM
Just Got Here

I have just moved the steering forward( a lot). Moving it back again to make the ski work seems like a step in the wrong direction to me.....
Old 02-19-2016, 06:45 PM
Prospect

roo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobolich View Post
I have just moved the steering forward( a lot). Moving it back again to make the ski work seems like a step in the wrong direction to me.....
Did you move bars forward on top of post or whole post?
Moving the whole post will not create a positive steering effect.
I had moved my bars forward so the rear hole on clamps now mounts in the front hole on post (way easier than moving whole post)this posistion equals 2.5 in. Of positive steering/forward posistion. Stock bar posistion on hawk is 1 in. Forward of center of steer post.
I aways wanted to move steer post foward and bars back to stock posistion but never got around to it. Guess i have an excuse to get it done now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160219_162542.jpg (20.7 KB, 93 views)
Old 02-20-2016, 03:29 AM
Prospect

redneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkster View Post
Dude , did you even have to mention those nightmare rides?

Sorry you will have to excuse my Prairie boy experience but this is my 1st mountain experience with the unspoken demon (the snowball). (Then ,I'm stirring the pot 1 step deeper Hawkster you run stock suspect pivot points, Roo you run modified suspension pivot points sooo... if I understand properly the yeti is too aggressive for both partie`s? So in my mind that says snowhawks need less aggressive yeti ski? Or is that a skid tuning issue? All of which is above my skill set?
Old 02-20-2016, 10:26 AM
Just Got Here

I moved the entire post. What do you mean, would you like to have the bars behind the post? I dont believe that moving only the bars is a good solution. It would be like putting a VERY long stem on a bike. It gives a bit akward feeling when turning.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:58 AM
Just Got Here

Sorry, I'm stupid, just understood what you ment. Move the bars back to original position relative to the post.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:17 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck_raser View Post
Sorry you will have to excuse my Prairie boy experience but this is my 1st mountain experience with the unspoken demon (the snowball). (Then ,I'm stirring the pot 1 step deeper Hawkster you run stock suspect pivot points, Roo you run modified suspension pivot points sooo... if I understand properly the yeti is too aggressive for both partie`s? So in my mind that says snowhawks need less aggressive yeti ski? Or is that a skid tuning issue? All of which is above my skill set?
Suspension tuning(effecting ski pressure) and set back of ski (how far back mounting point is rearward of center of "front axle bolt" have a ton to do with feel/performance of ski.
Will this improve it? No idea, but will give it a try, would be cool to make ski work better so we have more options.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:22 PM
Prospect

I think you could definatly hack this ski up and make it less aggressive which would make it a better all around ski. Which would also make it perform as a lesser ski in powder and smooth ice.
I think? Will try all i can before i start to modify ski.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:35 PM
Prospect

Grr Has earned a rub and tug from ARGrr Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I'm telling ya, get rid of that center skat and put a standard carbide bar on it. You can thank me later.

In fact call yeti and tell them to make it and let you test it, you aren't the only one your comments are similar in most posts of the ski.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS