Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > RANDOM, NON ASSOCIATED & FREE > LOCKED and LOADED

LOCKED and LOADED A little something for everyone!

Old 02-04-2015, 11:19 AM
I-Da-Azzhole

bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
Default Welding helmet

Time for a new one. Been using a couple Forney auto darkening one for few yrs now but they just don't last and finding parts is literally impossible. The cover lens I have to trim down a larger size one and tape it in place. Not really ideal.

So what is everyone using? And no...... not going to spend $250+ on a pro lid for what I do. All my welding is 220v mig and pick up a stick maybe once a yr if that anymore. Want a large window and auto darkening. Also something that "breaths" as my current lids fog up a lot lately, (not sure why that started).

Term limits....
1 in office..... 1 in JAIL!!!!!
Old 02-04-2015, 08:35 PM
REBEL

Wade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLP
Wade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLP

Bet there was a anti-fog coating on the inside that wore off.

I've really soured on auto helmets. Weld TIG, and got a TIG helmet ( I know about the TIG issues with auto helmets). Bought a real nice Lincoln, and another brand. But, after a couple months, I kept getting flashed. That pisses me off, really bad since I know how bad it is for your eyes. I went back to a big window old school helmet. I don't miss auto at all.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:32 AM
REBEL

Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Blu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from ARBlu Du Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I have about a 120 dollar Hobart auto darkening which seems to work great. just remember to turn the damn thing on. i would also like to know what the answer is to welding outside in the cold and fogging up
Old 02-15-2015, 09:18 AM
REBEL

BigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from AR
BigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I use a Lincoln auto darkening helmet. For what I do it works fine, and I haven't got the flash like you are mentioning. If I ever did I would go old school in a minute.

One of the hallmarks of being educated isn't what you know but it is knowing enough to know better.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:14 AM
I-Da-Azzhole

bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP

Got a new lid from the wife over the weekend, well...... I did pick it out.
http://www.hobartwelders.com/products/welding-helmets/ Discovery series in camo. Descent price too $120.00.

So far I love it. Worked awesome on a 3" long crack in the back of the cab on my old Ram. Lots of tack tack tack No flash and was nice and bright when not welding. Has a "grinding mode" on it but sucks to use since the switch is on the inside of the lid. Wish it was on the outside so you don't have to take the lid off to switch it. Over all tho it is better than the old Forney lids.

Term limits....
1 in office..... 1 in JAIL!!!!!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > RANDOM, NON ASSOCIATED & FREE > LOCKED and LOADED