Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS

BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS We all like to see builds from the crate up. Bring us along for the creation.

Old 04-14-2017, 11:30 AM
Just Got Here

supercoupe91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 87' Indy 600 project

First of all want to say hi as this is my first post. I am looking to build an old school muscle sled. The goal is to make it more powder-worthy without sacrificing its trail manners or factory look too much. Looking at adding xtra 10 suspension front and back, extending from 121" track to a 136 with 1.25 or 1.5 inch lugs, plastic skis, lighter seat, swapping out some other parts for lighter stuff, and dropping in a piped 800 triple. Sled is currently stripped down to tunnel and belly pan. My first question is, does anyone sell or make lightweight aluminum parts for these old sleds like bumpers, radius rods, trailing arms, drive shafts, etc? Adding a bigger motor, bigger track, and heavier suspension will add lots of weight to this machine and I want to offset some of it so if anyone has any tips or suggestions on this issue or the build as a whole, I'm all ears. I look forward to chatting with you guys and hopefully learn some things in the process.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:23 PM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP

Cool.
I'll be following your project.
WIZ.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:48 AM
Just Got Here

Unfortunately, I'm out of the country for a few more months yet but I will update as soon as I can.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:58 PM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP

Be careful not to get dragged off the plane on the return trip.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:14 AM
Just Got Here

Here's a little update. I recently picked up an open mod sled that was used for ice drags. Basically bought it for the motor as it is powered by a piped 800 Storm motor with V-Force reeds. Supposedly ran a year ago when parked but at $500, it was a steal either way. I will attach a pic. Sled also came with another complete 650 triple with a bad cylinder which works out pretty good since I already have another complete 650 with a bad crank bearing. Should have no problems making one good 650, swap out the 800, and easily make my money back. My purchase also came with a lightweight racing hood, tach, factory storm hood, 2 more sets of triple pipes(for 650 I believe), and other miscellaneous parts. I took a look at rail extension kits from Tracks USA and I saw that if I go with the 144" track I can get tipped up rails so I decided to go with that over the 136" option. Can't wait to get back to the U.S. and start wrenching.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18789048_10203590731766464_604740659_o.jpg (38.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 18818059_10203590731806465_801617955_o.jpg (36.8 KB, 37 views)
Old 05-30-2017, 10:57 AM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

wow that thing looks mean

and loud
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 06-09-2017, 05:13 AM
Just Got Here

This isn't my picture but this is what my sled looked like when I first picked it up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg indy 600.jpg (86.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-18-2017, 08:17 PM
Just Got Here

Finally got around to do some wrenching. Had some more things to strip down yet. I installed a bigger swaybar from a 95' xcr 600 parts sled I had laying around. I realized it had bigger heat exchangers than what came on my sled so I swapped them out as well to help cool the 800 triple. Also got my tunnel extension on. More pics to follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170818_152121.jpg (66.0 KB, 8 views)
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS