Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS

SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS Forum dedicated to the single ski riders

Old 02-01-2019, 09:32 PM
Just Got Here

Hawk cowboy Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawk cowboy Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawk cowboy Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawk cowboy Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawk cowboy Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Suspension build school me On longer arms

Brother wrecked my snow Hawk and bent the frame at the end of last year. Got the frame all straightened up and am looking for a way to improve the deep pow performance. I have viewed most of the skis transplants and they all seem great, however i don't know if I am ready for that radical of change. I

My plan was the build longer swing arms and then move the pivot point on the rails backwards. On my current 136 rails this would make the rail in front of the pivot point longer than the rail behind the pivot point. This would be more like the 121 inch skid. My thinking is the longer swing arms should help with weight transfer along putting more upward pressure on the front of the rails to improve the angle of attack.

I no there are some guys who made longer swing arms but I can't find a lot on it. How it helped, etc. Any information would be appreciated.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:29 PM
Prospect

redneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Steve Samps was the guy making them.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS