Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > RANDOM, NON ASSOCIATED & FREE > LOCKED and LOADED

LOCKED and LOADED A little something for everyone!

Old 10-06-2012, 09:26 PM
REBEL

Brightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Brightstar Has earned a rub and tug from ARBrightstar Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I cant believe you guys refuse to give him credit. I for one am amazed and proud that he was able to turn the unemployment situation around like he said he would. And he did it by helping small business; the huge change came from new self-employed and work at home folks. What really gets me and I cant for the life of me understand is how the hell he came up with the idea that having a yard sale means you are now self-employed and working from home.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:42 PM
REBEL

Wade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLP
Wade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLPWade Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightstar View Post
I cant believe you guys refuse to give him credit. I for one am amazed and proud that he was able to turn the unemployment situation around like he said he would. And he did it by helping small business; the huge change came from new self-employed and work at home folks. What really gets me and I cant for the life of me understand is how the hell he came up with the idea that having a yard sale means you are now self-employed and working from home.
Well, if you have to sell all your chit, so you can afford to eat, I guess that makes you self employed in Sales.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:42 PM
WELCOME WAGON

Ollie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLP
Ollie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLP

oh, it's better than that.
If you have a web page with just ONE sponcer, even if it's not a paying sponcer then you are self employed.

Member #81
Old 10-06-2012, 09:51 PM
REBEL

msled Offical PLPmsled Offical PLPmsled Offical PLPmsled Offical PLP
msled Offical PLPmsled Offical PLPmsled Offical PLPmsled Offical PLPmsled Offical PLPmsled Offical PLPmsled Offical PLPmsled Offical PLP

And there is more...any State or Federal prisoner that is paid for prison job is also counted. Not sure what one can make in prison, but it cannot be all that much, and yes they have to pay taxes.

Last edited by msled; 10-06-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:39 AM
REBEL

Wolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLP
Wolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLPWolfrun Offical PLP

The US has come a long long way down in less than 4 years thanks to Barack Hussien Obama Jr or Frank Marshall Davis Jr or whoever he really is.

MEMBER # 540

Last edited by Wolfrun; 10-08-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:26 AM
THE CREW

Tudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLP
Tudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLPTudizzle Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
One itty bitty problem.
Every economist in the country is saying it BS.

which economist's are making this claim?
Old 10-08-2012, 08:52 AM
REBEL

ericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLP
ericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLP

The only number that matters is that only 63% of America has a full time job. The lowest number since Carter and it has not budged since Ofwker got in to office.

The numbers are cooked.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 AM
REBEL

Winter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLP
Winter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLP

The numbers are legit...it's just that looking at only the U3 gives an incomplate picture of what is happening....that is why most economists and number geeks are shaking their heads at such a big deal being made about the U3, while virtually every other indicator shows the economy and employment picture getting worse, not better.

Go here and look at Table 1, labor force date as a % of workforce....THIS is a more accurate gauge of the direction things are going and it shows unemployment up in almost every state....as most of the BLS charts show every indicator going downhill.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/laus.pdf
Old 10-08-2012, 02:42 PM
WELCOME WAGON

Ollie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLP
Ollie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLPOllie Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudizzle View Post
which economist's are making this claim?
http://joshuapundit.blogspot.com/201...ers-after.html

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...as-gove/190392

I can go on and on if you like but you get the idea.
There are those (such as at the New York Times) who claim you can't possibly cook the numbers, but you most certainly can.

Member #81
Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 AM
REBEL

Winter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLP
Winter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLP

Here is the change Obama made in July....

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ofa/...01203?page=all

This part has me wondering what states made changes, and to how many people...."Thus, HHS has authority to waive compliance with this 402 requirement and authorize a state to test approaches and methods other than those set forth in section 407, including definitions of work activities and engagement, specified limitations, verification procedures, and the calculation of participation rates."

Reading other articles and putting the pieces of the puzzle together....suddenly someone who was unemployed and not technically meeting "work" requirments because they are (for example) finishing school, in rehab, taking care of a elder....can now be defined as "employed" by the state....and be moved from U3 and recieve welfare....and suddenly skew the unemployment numbers.

Pretty sneaky.....smart, but sneaky!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > RANDOM, NON ASSOCIATED & FREE > LOCKED and LOADED