Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > RANDOM, NON ASSOCIATED & FREE > LOCKED and LOADED

LOCKED and LOADED A little something for everyone!

Old 06-06-2016, 03:00 PM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Default 70 years ago today.... D-Day, Normandy beach.

Pics.
9,000 Allied troops killed/injured, but they prevailed.
(Wiz editorial:" current politicians trying hard to throw freedom away" )
I was 2 yrs old, my Dad and Mom 35.
Dad would have been drafted but he had injuries that rejected him from the draft.
He was working on his Ford Model 'A' , while laying under it, and it fell off the jack stands, and across his mid section.
Lucky his Bro and a friend were right there to get the car off him.

The Govt put him to work making ammo at a plant in north Minneapolis.
http://www.ecnmag.com/blog/2016/06/l...%%26type%3dcta

Last edited by Snowizard; 06-06-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:21 PM
"Little Creep"

TROUT HUNTER has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowizard View Post
Pics.
9,000 Allied troops killed/injured, but they prevailed.
(Wiz editorial:" current politicians trying hard to throw freedom away" )
I was 2 yrs old, my Dad and Mom 35.
Dad would have been drafted but he had injuries that rejected him from the draft.
He was working on his Ford Model 'A' , while laying under it, and it fell off the jack stands, and across his mid section.
Lucky his Bro and a friend were right there to get the car off him.

The Govt put him to work making ammo at a plant in north Minneapolis.
http://www.ecnmag.com/blog/2016/06/l...%%26type%3dcta
My granddad was there, rarely did he ever talk about his time there. He was part of the 82nd Airborne Calvary (prob slaughtered that) and hit most of the major drops that they took part in. Ended up with 2 purple hearts and a fused knee from shrapnel he took to the knee cap. Great generation of Men and Women. Not sure how as a country in 60 years we went from turning out bad asses like them to people that need safe places from words.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:05 AM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

That generation is very quiet about what they did.

I wish I had gotten to know more about my grandfather's time in the war before he passed but he was never one to talk about it and always changed the subject immediately. He always told us he was a cook in the army and that was all, we all knew it was a lie because he couldn't cook a thing haha. When he passed away is when I learned he was a Sergeant and from stories we heard at the funeral that there was a lot more to his story.

Lots of interesting reads on D-Day, I always try and find a link or story to the invasion each year to learn a little more. Here was this years.. lots of cool links and facts here.

https://www.awesomestories.com/asset...mandy-Invasion

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 06-07-2016, 09:17 AM
REBEL

ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP
ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP

If you ever have the chance to talk with a WWII vet make sure you take as much time as you can to listen. But you better hurry, they arnt getting any younger. I had the pleasure of spending a day fishing with two who met in the battle of Midway. Awesome story
Old 06-09-2016, 10:32 AM
"Little Creep"

TROUT HUNTER has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1334 View Post
That generation is very quiet about what they did.

I wish I had gotten to know more about my grandfather's time in the war before he passed but he was never one to talk about it and always changed the subject immediately. He always told us he was a cook in the army and that was all, we all knew it was a lie because he couldn't cook a thing haha. When he passed away is when I learned he was a Sergeant and from stories we heard at the funeral that there was a lot more to his story.

Lots of interesting reads on D-Day, I always try and find a link or story to the invasion each year to learn a little more. Here was this years.. lots of cool links and facts here.

https://www.awesomestories.com/asset...mandy-Invasion
That a good read Rob, and I like your idea of taking the time to learn something new every year about it. May have to look into doing it my self.

Every time I read things about what that generation did in the name of protecting freedoms for others I get pissed at where our society is at. Some where we have pussified our society down so far that its embarrassing.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > RANDOM, NON ASSOCIATED & FREE > LOCKED and LOADED