Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > VINTAGE SLEDS

Old 11-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Prospect

wildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default West Yellowstone 2 vintage races for 2015 season!!!

From http://wsvsa.com/Home_Page.php :

VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING

We will be using the ISR "Super Stock" rules for stock
racing and the ISR Super Mod rules for Mod racing at
West Yellowstone. By using Super Stock rules it keeps tech
simple. Go to the link below to become familiar with the
rules, but basically it allows for internal modifications to
the engine such as porting and polishing but the outside must appear completely stock including stock pipe, can, & stock
ignition components. Make sure your engine cc does not exceed
the limit for the class you are entered in as it will be checked.

Here are the classes for 2015

LEAF SPRING ONLY !!!!
No IFS of any sort.

Classes

440 L/C Mod new
340 L/C Mod new
440 F/A Mod
340 F/A Mod new
Single Cylinder ..... Mod
440 F/A Stock
340 F/A and 340 Fan Stock (combined as one class)
440 Fan Stock (1974 & older) new
440 Fan Stock (1975 and newer)

Single Cylinder Stock
Masters (50+ yrs. up to 440 F/A Stock)
Women's (up to 440 F/A Stock)
Juniors (Single cylinder Stock)

"All classes are subject to change"

Please remember ......
It is Mountain West Racing that will be conducting the vintage
oval racing in "West Yellowstone" for 2015. WSVSA is not a
racing organization or a sanctioning body. WSVSA is simply
in an advisory and communication role.

If you would like to give input on racing, please contact us.

WSVSA e-mail wsvsanews@gmail.com
Dustin at 801-360-2082
Jim at 541-788-5444

Yes the Rumors are true, we will be having a second race in West Yellowstone!

The race will be held in conjunction with SnoWest Magazine's
40th Anniversary Celebration on Jan 31st
It will take place on the same oval track as the March race. The format will be slightly different than the March race and there will only be two classes: 1974 and older Stock & 1975-1985 Stock. This is in honor of SnoWest's first year of "1974" and will also allow all the same stock sleds to run as the March race. The 1974 Class will be for any stock sled model year 1974 or older. The 1975-85 Class will be for any Fan Cooled
or Free Air stock sleds 75-85 . All racers must be 16 or older.
We will use the ISR Super Stock Rules listed on our Race Page. Everyone will be guaranteed at least two races per class. All heat Races and finals will be held on Saturday Jan 31st.

In addition to the Oval race, SnoWest will be holding what we will call "The Two Top Challenge" on Friday Jan 30th. The object will be to ride on a vintage sled from West Yellowstone to Two Top and back within a prescribed time period. The winner will be the combination of the oldest driver and oldest sled that make the round trip unassisted.

We will post additional information as it becomes available.

This will be a great event as SnoWest will have many activies for all ages and a large vintage display. Check out the SnoWest website for more info.

HOW COOL!!!
Old 12-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Prospect

Who Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Who Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I am looking forward to this, as I should be there at that time!
Old 02-02-2015, 01:28 AM
Prospect

wildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from ARwildwolf Has earned a rub and tug from AR

all accounts, the SnoWest 40th Anniversary bash
held in West Yellowstone on January 31st was a big
success as were the vintage snowmobile display and
races. The event was held at the old train depot station
with many sleds hauled up and over the steps to make
a very nice display of snowmobiles from 40 years ago
to today's new models.
A couple of vintage classes were ran for those that
wanted to give the oval a try. 1974 and older sleds
ran as one class as the 1975 up to 1985 sleds ran
they're own race. Utah's Tony Cook won the 74 and
older class while Wyoming's Larry Grooms won
the 75 -85 class
After the races and vintage run to Two Top,
Everyone gathered at the old train depot for the
awards for the weekend.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:53 PM
Prospect

Who Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Who Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from ARWho Dat Cat Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Thanks wildwolf for posting the pictures and results. I was able to view the vintage sleds on Friday and was thrilled to see the 74 Team Arctic 440 SnoPro.
That machine looks years ahead of it's time. I have seen many pictures of this machine, but it was great to actually see one. I noticed it had the free air engine, I thought they were liquid cooled.
I had to leave Saturday so I was unable to watch the vintage oval races, darn!
Other than that, great displays, and thanks Snow West for putting things on and Happy 40th!
Old 02-03-2015, 07:50 PM
Prospect

I missed them, but my brother was there. I'am going to the Priest & Ronald race's and hope to make it for Expo, but my bass boat motor chucked a rod and that repair has put a big dent in the snow fund!
Old 02-03-2015, 08:01 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Cat View Post
Thanks wildwolf for posting the pictures and results. I was able to view the vintage sleds on Friday and was thrilled to see the 74 Team Arctic 440 SnoPro.
That machine looks years ahead of it's time. I have seen many pictures of this machine, but it was great to actually see one. I noticed it had the free air engine, I thought they were liquid cooled.
I had to leave Saturday so I was unable to watch the vintage oval races, darn!
Other than that, great displays, and thanks Snow West for putting things on and Happy 40th!
Yeah I thought L/C also? This is a 74 from the Boss cat site.

http://www.bosscatlegacy.com/acproto...mod/snopro.htm

I like my Cats, have two 73's, one 74 and a 79 6000 in my Tiger collection.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > VINTAGE SLEDS