Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR

Old 08-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Prospect

hammer Has earned a rub and tug from ARhammer Has earned a rub and tug from ARhammer Has earned a rub and tug from ARhammer Has earned a rub and tug from ARhammer Has earned a rub and tug from ARhammer Has earned a rub and tug from ARhammer Has earned a rub and tug from ARhammer Has earned a rub and tug from ARhammer Has earned a rub and tug from ARhammer Has earned a rub and tug from ARhammer Has earned a rub and tug from ARhammer Has earned a rub and tug from ARhammer Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default any one ever turbo a big bore?

just was thinking the other day what kinda power u could produce even with low psi in a big bore sled. like a d/d 1200 or even a m8 with a bikeman 900 kit. could be a pretty wild sled.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Just Got Here

FanaticalKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

300-350 easily off the right combo.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:43 PM
"Little Creep"

TROUT HUNTER has disabled reputation

Seems like brad story had a m1200 turboed a few years back. I know a user on here that isn't on much a ( wyodoo) lives in star valley was trying to turbo a shr 860 and for some reason they couldn't get it to work.

I recall hearing some conversations about how the porting would need to be changed on the bb to run a turbo. Something about they were set up very aggressive on the bb and for a turbo application they needed to be the opposite or something. Could be wrong since it was a few years back.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:11 PM
REBEL

RMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from AR
RMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from ARRMK-King Has earned a rub and tug from AR

There was a M1200 BB with a race gas turbo for sale locally a while back, it was suppose to be 350hp.
Member #108

'16 Axys RMK 800
Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 PM

manlye is an unknown quantity at this point

Just built a m7 with an engine tech 900 kit with a turbo, have not had a chance to test it yet but boy does it want to rip on the stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10 FX450 Husaberg
95 RXL - because I like replacing top ends 96 Vmax 600 - because it just won't die
Old 02-28-2013, 07:07 AM
Just Got Here

brycter is an unknown quantity at this point

yes we have done 860 doos, 1200 cats, 660 polaris, par 910, 1140 carls, 975 polaris,

I think i have done a few.. all Have been custom one off that we have built

Turbo performance
Old 08-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Just Got Here

Neilsleder is an unknown quantity at this point

I know of a shop here in Leduc that has a couple of m1200 turbos. I seem a guy a few years back in Smithers BC that had a m1200 twin turbo it was insane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2013, 11:16 AM

ice Has earned a rub and tug from ARice Has earned a rub and tug from ARice Has earned a rub and tug from ARice Has earned a rub and tug from ARice Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Brad from par just did a 1100 turbo pro.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:24 AM
REBEL

prairiepowderhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARprairiepowderhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR
prairiepowderhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARprairiepowderhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARprairiepowderhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARprairiepowderhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARprairiepowderhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARprairiepowderhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARprairiepowderhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARprairiepowderhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARprairiepowderhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARprairiepowderhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARprairiepowderhead Has earned a rub and tug from ARprairiepowderhead Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I built a M1200 Turbo, D&D motor. They had to port the cylinders differently to accommodate the turbo. It would rip, just wasnt reliable AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Wife Says Im A Bad Drunk, So I Told Her I Would Practice More
Old 12-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Just Got Here

brycter is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Brad from par just did a 1100 turbo pro.
yep i worked on that sled. sled runs good.
we did a 1200bb m sled that rocked also. proably my favorite sled that i have ever built right there.

bb are not that hard as long as you have port timing correct and no the limits of the motor. most bb have high compression and raised port timing not the best combos.

Polaris, Skidoo, and Custom turbo kits

Vipec Distributor
Mtn Horse dealer
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR