Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > PRODUCT REVIEWS

PRODUCT REVIEWS GOT A NEW PRODUCT? LET US KNOW HOW YOU LIKE IT

Old 03-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Prospect

coug66 All the rebels are in Awe of your Glory
Default KLIM "CHAPS" support and service

Notice the above chaps, the right side is missing the lower zip

My KLIM pants turned from Bibs to chaps. I just don't have a way to turn them back to bibs!

I had a zipper fall off on my bibs. The lower one missing in the above picture should be facing down. It causes the leg to open up unless you can secure the zipper together with a gaiter or duct tape.

KLIM procedure is to send them in to be repaired. Their policy is that they will not send or sell you a zip. Don't like it but I understand.

I will have to use other pants for a week or two until they are able to turn them around.

While I have lots of redundant KLIM gear I really don't have other bibs to use. ( I gave my old KLIM bibs to a buddy)

I wish I could buy a zipper from somewhere to make it a quick fix but looks like I will have to find some gear while they are away.

I lost my cool on this one ( my bad) and regret previous posts. What's probably going to happen is I will wait till June and then send them in to get fixed.

I tried buying zips to fix it but they weren't compatible.

Last edited by coug66; 03-07-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:15 PM
Prospect

Default step 2

I sent the bibs to KLIM, since I found a set of motorcycle pants I forgot I had.

They said the Togwatee bibs are not warrantable which I understood since the zipper was knocked off or forced off.

I have rips and tears in the bibs from using them "off trail" which is why the 2/3 estimate below. Essentially I have no way to have a warranty since I ride off trail and am hard on my gear. I don't know how not to damage gear? I fall off, help others get unstuck, move sleds around, everything in Snowmobiling has a sharp edge somewhere. I am not saying my damage is a KLIM issue but its a snowmobiling issue.

excerpt from Klims response below.

"The left leg zipper has been cut and caused the teeth to move and that is probably why the zipper slider came off. The whole zipper would need to be replaced."

"To repair the bib would cost over 2/3 the price of a new bib. The damage is not manufacturing or material defects so the bib is not covered under warranty. The lifetime of the bib is up. Because of the amount of damage we cannot test the bib for leakage."

I hope they will replace the zip ( not the whole zipper) at a reasonable charge. If not the bibs will be useless. If they won't replace the zip, I will steal the zip off the upper pocket. missing pocket zipper is better than duct tape or having the bibs be useless.

A recent Motorfist jacket I bought came with extra repair snaps. I would like to have the ability to buy zips and repair my own gear.

I don't know where Motorfist stands ( I only have a couple items and no zip issues) but if the extra snaps are an indication I might be better off replacing these bibs with Motorfist?

currently I asked them to just install a zip and I would accept all liability for my non warranted bibs. I don't know if they will do it and at what price?

Honestly, I never expected to have the stress with a KLIM item.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Prospect

Default step 3

Originally Posted by mold View Post
I though if Klim realized that a bunch of fellow sledders were stepping up to help a guy get some bibs so he could ride they might decide that the buck should stop with them. The old embarrass them into doing what they should have done to begin with trick. If this doesn't work I am serious about sending a 50 your way.

Thank you so much but I need ways to help others. I have recently been helped by fellow Snow Hawkers and need ways to pay it forward. you are very generous and very much in character with the snowmobiling community I am so amazed by.

I also need to save these bibs because my brothers KLIM gift was meant to be a KLIM gift. (lasting quality, unsurpassed service, customer appreciation and amazing customer loyalty) Not a "it will work till the zipper breaks".

The KLIM gear saved me last year when my brother and I were stranded in the mountains over night. The boots kept my feet comfortable and warm for the 5 hour hike to a warming cabin. The bibs and jacket sustained my temperature so the stress of hiking in the storm was my only discomfort.

Overall the best benefit of wearing the KLIM gear was that even if I had to sleep in a snow cave or temporary shelter I knew the KLIM gear would protect me.

I swore I would never have cheap gear because I experienced the benefits of the rite gear when it really mattered.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Prospect

Default step 5

The fed ex package arrived!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like so many customers, the excitement built as I greeted the FedEx person at my door. In her hands she had a large KLIM envelope with my chaps.

Perhaps after all this KLIM stuck a lower zip on my bibs, or threw a zip in the package. Boy would I feel stupid, when they took care of me by installing a zip!

Bullet dodged! they did nothing for me, the chaps still do not have a zip on the bottom to keep the chaps from becoming bibs.

Well not nothing they stuck a "Tram Bar" in the package. Maybe its to help with the "bad taste" I have from this experience?

Good news is, the zipper looks fine.

I was stuck and Motorfist stopped and helped me get unstuck!

Now I wait with baited excitement for my Motorfist package. They offered some zips so I could fix my KLIM chaps.

Motorfist uses the same zipper system so they offered a zip to keep me safe. Passion for the customer!

Soon my bibs will be restored thanks to the service and support from a
'pro snowmobiler" company.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Prospect

Default Wrong leg!!! wrong side!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong leg!!! wrong side!!!!!!!!!!

I asked them to install a zip and now I have the chaps back I see its the right leg zipper!!!! see the above picture!!!!!!

I agree with everything listed except the right leg zipper is missing the zip and the right zipper is in great shape no cuts or issues.

I bet if I paid the $80 I still would not have a zip installed on the correct right leg!!!

Left has a bad tooth as listed but the zippers work just fine.

claim letter below

Hello Ian,

In regards to your Togwotee Bibs we have evaluated them under warranty. The left leg zipper has been cut and caused the teeth to move and that is probably why the zipper slider came off. The whole zipper would need to be replaced. The back of the left leg has a cut in it where the zipper got cut. The right knee has tears on it. The right hem has tears. The left leg has a panel under the knee with a cut in it. The left hem has cuts on it.
To repair the bib would cost over 2/3 the price of a new bib. The damage is not manufacturing or material defects so the bib is not covered under warranty. The lifetime of the bib is up. Because of the amount of damage we cannot test the bib for leakage.

We do apologize about this. Are you wanting us to do any repairs on these Bibs or would you like them sent back as is?

Please let us know. Thank you.

Picture of left leg with damage with lower zip installed.

Right side is good but its missing the lower zip!
Old 03-13-2014, 12:31 PM
Prospect

Default next post

Chaps are now BIBS!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First I want to thank Motorfist since they ultimately helped me resolve my chaps issue. I received two sliders or zips in the mail today.

My chaps are now bibs again, I have taped and sealed the tears and now have gear that will withstand the elements again.

I do have to admit that to be fair to KLIM it is probably not possible to replace a slider with KLIM integrity to the system. I had to cut the zip at the cuff and install the zipper. Then I had to secure the bottom so that my zip couldn't come undone again. My method would not be an approved KLIM repair method, so I now understand why they didn't do it.

SO for being upset because they didn't "pull the zipper on" I apologize it was not something they would do. If it was their fault they would have to replace the entire zipper system.

I do however wish that they did send me a zip like Motorfist as I would have repaired bibs ( like I have now ). I would be where I am today except I wouldn't value Motorfists support like I do and would feel happier about my numerous KLIM items.

KLIM has quality gear but need help on their support.

Motorfist has quality gear and are the service and support leaders.

I am embarrassed that this was all about a simple slider but hey KLIM I just needed a simple slider?
Old 03-13-2014, 12:32 PM
Prospect

Default last shot!

OK, I promise this is my last shot at Polaris/KLIM

Polaris, setting a new standard in customer service!

The standard is just really low
Old 03-13-2014, 05:03 PM
"Wannabe Head Numpty"

Location: Pocatello, ID / One foot on either side of the "LINE"
Crashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLP
Crashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLPCrashleroux Offical PLP

I had a very similar experience with Klim 2 weeks ago with my bibs. They had a hole in one of the small lower panels that i wanted repaired. Same song and dance, the repair cost is 2/3 the cost of a new pair. They were 2 seasons and 3 rides old and yes they were beat up..... (used)...... and unwarranteable. I argued with them and even sent an email to a friend that works there and they still didnt do anything.

Good thing Motofist makes a Large Tall now, which is the only reason i bought Klim last time.

[20-03, 08:15] Adrenaline Revolution Lionel, Can you make it so that every time H2 types Numpty or Sheeple or whatever term he uses to antagonize people it would read "I'm an idiot" or something like that? !
Old 10-06-2014, 08:57 PM

hanoverfist is an unknown quantity at this point

klim customer service is the best by far. that replaced my 4 year old bibs free.. then this season that fixed my new bibs free.. thats the ♥♥♥♥.nobody ever did a thing for me before in my 50 years. klim is the best..
Old 10-08-2014, 09:49 AM
REBEL

John Has earned a rub and tug from ARJohn Has earned a rub and tug from AR
John Has earned a rub and tug from ARJohn Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanoverfist View Post
klim customer service is the best by far. that replaced my 4 year old bibs free.. then this season that fixed my new bibs free.. thats the ♥♥♥♥.nobody ever did a thing for me before in my 50 years. klim is the best..
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > PRODUCT REVIEWS