Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > ATV / UTV

Old 07-11-2014, 12:16 PM
I-Da-Azzhole

bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
Default 2011 Ranger Crew 800 issue

This has happened couple times in the past 3 yrs but not as bad as last Saturday. Outside temps were in the mid 80's that day. We were doing a little slow riding out of a canyon on a trail which really isn't too steep. Bout halfway up it stumbled and acted like vapor lock. Sat there for maybe 10 minutes and it fired back up. Ok no big deal, after all it has happened in the past. Well it did it couple more times. We reached the main road and I opened it up to get some air flow, even took the rear seat off. For the next 6 miles it would run full throttle no problem but mid and low throttle it would stumble and act like it was in limp mode or not getting enough fuel.

Got it home and pulled the fuel pump.... sock/filter was spotless. Put it back in and it fires up fine but haven't been able to take it out to see if it will do it again.
No error codes are showing up either.
Any ideas? Thanks

Term limits....
1 in office..... 1 in JAIL!!!!!
Old 07-12-2014, 09:24 AM
Chronic Basketcase

numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR
numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Change out the spark plug? Possible clutch issue at engagement? Under load condition could be an electrical or clutch related issue. I haven't had my coffee, my brain isn't hitting on all cylinders yet.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:30 PM
I-Da-Azzhole

bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP

Well since the 1st post this thing has done it twice. Dealer has no idea either. They also had another Ranger doing the same thing but can't locate the problem.

Yesterday while doing routine check of filters, etc I may have found the problem. I have cleaned this filter before but had forgotten about it. Factory fuel vent line is stuffed into the square tube seat frame and at the end of the frame they shoved a pc of foam in to stop dirt and crap. When I pulled it out it was plugged solid with mud.

Whatever dumbchit engineer thought this location would be good for a vent had to be on crack or something.

Hoping that this will solve the issue, if it does I am going to re-route a new line somewhere in a cleaner location.

Term limits....
Old 09-03-2014, 12:51 PM
I-Da-Azzhole

Well sure as chit the fuel tank vent seems to be the issue. I kept and eye on it over the last 150 miles and have had 0 issues with stumbling or not wanting to start. Going to relocate the vent tube so as to never worry about mud and dust plugging it up later.

Term limits....
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > ATV / UTV