Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > STREET BIKES

Old 05-04-2014, 01:22 PM
"Little Creep"

TROUT HUNTER has disabled reputation
Default yamaha virago

Anyone ever had one? Thoughts? May have a pretty good line on a clean 1100 for a great price. Less than 10k miles.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Chronic Basketcase

numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR
numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I had a 750 Virago. Plenty of power & great on fuel. Mine ended up losing oil flow to the head & snapped a rod which took out a cylinder due to a bad oil pump. Other than that it was a fun bike. Bought it as a project. What year?
Ive been looking at older Vmax bike recently myself. Always wanted one.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:51 AM
Chronic Basketcase

numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR
numbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from ARnumbnuts Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I looked at a '94 Virago 1100 up at PIkes Peak Motorsports yesterday with 25k on it, bags & a windscreen. Said I could have it for $1400. Id probably offer $1000 & see where it goes.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:11 PM
"Little Creep"

TROUT HUNTER has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbnuts View Post
I looked at a '94 Virago 1100 up at PIkes Peak Motorsports yesterday with 25k on it, bags & a windscreen. Said I could have it for $1400. Id probably offer $1000 & see where it goes.
One I was looking at after being told by one half of the couple that I had the first choice to by it didnt communicate it to the other one and she sold it to a guy that showed up with cash while I was 8n a business trip. Too bad cause it was cherry.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:13 AM
Chronic Basketcase

That sucks. I had a line on an '85 Yamaha Maxim back up in MN for $500, the guy let it sit for 2 yrs in his garage & it looked damn nice for the price, didnt last 6 hrs on CL. I really want a VMax so Im holding out for one I can afford or fix up a bit.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:51 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Had a 87 1100 with the gold trim package. Best darn bike I had for some time. Loved the way it cruised. Did have a issue with the carbs and backfires.

Mac Daddy

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 08-29-2014, 12:45 PM
Chronic Basketcase

I just picked up a 99 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic for a freakin steal. Ive seen others out there starting for $2500 & up. Nailed down this one as a project (non running) & some questionable registration/title issues for $900. Just got it all squared away & have been riding it last few days to work. Most comfortable damn bike Ive EVER ridden. Power aint too bad either with the jet kit.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:38 PM
Prospect

IDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from ARIDAHDOO Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Right on ! Riding is getting good right now with the cooler temps in Id.
Get out the map and hit it !!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > MOTORCYCLES / MOTOCROSS > STREET BIKES