Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRAILERS / SLED DECK DISCUSSION

Old 09-03-2013, 10:37 PM
REBEL

CATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from AR

The super glides usually run about 100$ for 10 2' pieces.
Anchorage, Alaska

DJ Clutch kits
RotoPax Gas cans
C and A ski distributor
Black Diamond Extreme
Skinz silencers
VanAmburg Products
RSI bars/risers/grips
WPS dealer
Zbroz Suspension/Exit Shocks
Dynoport pipes
http://www.HybridColor.com
ArcticFX wrap dealer
Old 09-04-2013, 12:27 AM
Prospect

Vein Has earned a rub and tug from ARVein Has earned a rub and tug from ARVein Has earned a rub and tug from ARVein Has earned a rub and tug from ARVein Has earned a rub and tug from ARVein Has earned a rub and tug from ARVein Has earned a rub and tug from ARVein Has earned a rub and tug from ARVein Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Catkiller is right about the price of the super glides. They are awesome for the ramps and provide incredible traction. As for the caliber brand glides on the floor.... Cheaper and they do the trick for protecting the floor. However, they can get slick to walk on when cold and wet. Not horrible but something to watch if your buddies are accident prone. I trip over the superclamp hook on the floor more than Anything!!
As for the LED lights on the cabinet. Yes they are 12inch strips with 3m automotive tape on the back. They are made for the front of a car air-dam so the adhesion was super sticky and has not moved.....yet! I picked them up at Autozone here in Alaska.

2013 Summit XM X 146 Etec
2013 Freeride 146 800R Etec
2009 Summit X 600 Etec
2008 Summit Adrenaline 600 SDI

http://www.youtube.com/user/tlakelaptop?feature=mhee
Old 09-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Prospect

Vein Has earned a rub and tug from ARVein Has earned a rub and tug from ARVein Has earned a rub and tug from ARVein Has earned a rub and tug from ARVein Has earned a rub and tug from ARVein Has earned a rub and tug from ARVein Has earned a rub and tug from ARVein Has earned a rub and tug from ARVein Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1kflyingtiger View Post
Looks amazig! im just getting started on my first one as well. Probably wont come out that nice for another year still though.

on regards to the Underside foam: I'm not too familiar with how that type of foam works with water, but you might want to look into coating it. I know a lot o the foam insulation here at work eventually breaks down a little, starts to soak up water and rusts out the metal under it.

On a side note, if that isn't a worry, what kind of foam is it? The bottom side of mine is currently uninsulated.
The foam is called Touch and foam. Here is the website.
http://www.touch-n-foam.com/pro/profaqtech.php

Jury is still out on the foam underneath. If I see it breaking down and holding water I'm going to cover the underneath with a heavy RV plastic. I'll update this post if I start seeing problems

2009 Summit X 600 Etec

Old 09-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Prospect

Volcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from ARVolcano Buster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Nice job.

I installed a flood light in the front of the trailer a couple feet back from the tongue. This lights up the tires and the sides of the trailer when backing. Since I can't see behind the trailer from the cab I didn't figure having light that far back was super important. These really help to see where the tires will go and if I am getting close to a snow bank on the side. I ran the wire from the towing battery box where the 7 wire connector dumps the back up light circuit into.

I used a 2-part epoxy on the floor of mine and it has held up well for 5 years so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP1973.jpg (29.8 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP5038.jpg (51.7 KB, 221 views)
Old 09-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Prospect

That Epoxy floor looks awesome!! Great idea with the light too.

2009 Summit X 600 Etec

Old 09-06-2013, 11:22 PM
REBEL

CATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from ARCATKILLER Has earned a rub and tug from AR

For flooring you can beat the poly bead floor but its 165 per 4x8 sheet here in town. Carbides and studs don't even tear it up.as for lights I have all led reverse and load lights. Very nice backing up a 28' trailer and can actually see where it's going.
Anchorage, Alaska

DJ Clutch kits
RotoPax Gas cans
C and A ski distributor
Black Diamond Extreme
Skinz silencers
VanAmburg Products
RSI bars/risers/grips
WPS dealer
Zbroz Suspension/Exit Shocks
Dynoport pipes
http://www.HybridColor.com
ArcticFX wrap dealer
Old 10-13-2013, 06:38 AM
Just Got Here

gunmaker is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, because i'm from the lower 48 i have to ask, why do you need a trailer, you live in Alaska? Don't all of you just ride from your front door? that's what we see on tv down here Great looking trailer though.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:53 PM
Prospect

m1kflyingtiger Has earned a rub and tug from ARm1kflyingtiger Has earned a rub and tug from ARm1kflyingtiger Has earned a rub and tug from ARm1kflyingtiger Has earned a rub and tug from ARm1kflyingtiger Has earned a rub and tug from ARm1kflyingtiger Has earned a rub and tug from ARm1kflyingtiger Has earned a rub and tug from ARm1kflyingtiger Has earned a rub and tug from ARm1kflyingtiger Has earned a rub and tug from ARm1kflyingtiger Has earned a rub and tug from ARm1kflyingtiger Has earned a rub and tug from ARm1kflyingtiger Has earned a rub and tug from AR

So how's the under deck foam holding up?
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SUMMER RECREATION > AUTOMOTIVE > TRAILERS / SLED DECK DISCUSSION