Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > PRODUCT REVIEWS

PRODUCT REVIEWS GOT A NEW PRODUCT? LET US KNOW HOW YOU LIKE IT

Old 10-16-2013, 06:19 PM

kevin476 Has earned a rub and tug from ARkevin476 Has earned a rub and tug from ARkevin476 Has earned a rub and tug from ARkevin476 Has earned a rub and tug from ARkevin476 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Sled covers

What sled covers are the best? I need a couple new ones for storing in the summer and transporting on my open trailer in the winter. Should I just go OEM or is there something better? thanks in advance for the help!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Just Got Here

VaunJaldez Has earned a rub and tug from ARVaunJaldez Has earned a rub and tug from ARVaunJaldez Has earned a rub and tug from ARVaunJaldez Has earned a rub and tug from ARVaunJaldez Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I've had good luck with OEM. Figure they're tailored to the sled whereas aftermarket may not be, resulting in excess fabric that's gonna just rip.

Also, covers wear out faster when left outdoors over time. I think they're best use is in transport. After that they just wear and thus tear faster. I left mine outside one summer. That winter they were faded thin and ripped out while trailering down the road.

VJ

2014 Polaris Pro RMK 800 LE
2006 Polaris 600 H.O. Fusion
Old 10-16-2013, 08:38 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaunJaldez View Post
I've had good luck with OEM. Figure they're tailored to the sled whereas aftermarket may not be, resulting in excess fabric that's gonna just rip.

Also, covers wear out faster when left outdoors over time. I think they're best use is in transport. After that they just wear and thus tear faster. I left mine outside one summer. That winter they were faded thin and ripped out while trailering down the road.

VJ
X2 on that one

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Old 10-16-2013, 09:53 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

There's a guy local to me (Colorado, lives like 5 minutes from my house, builds these in his garage) who makes his own ... they're DAMN nice covers. A bit pricey, but he can make them custom for your sled if you have bar risers, tunnel extension, luggage, whatever. Reinforced where they need to be reinforced.... good, made-in-USA build quality.

http://www.snoskinz.com/
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > PRODUCT REVIEWS