Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > WASHINGTON

Old 03-14-2012, 09:20 AM
REBEL

ericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLP
ericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLPericbigbore Offical PLP

Unbelievable!! Raise the damn fees!! I guess I am going to have to go over to $hitwest and raise hell!!

We all agree that if they sweep the funds it's a different game but who is so cheap that they can't pay a little more for OUR groomed roads. Probably the same douche bags with $200 in stickers on their hoods.

Last edited by ericbigbore; 03-14-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Just Got Here

ibuildm Has earned a rub and tug from ARibuildm Has earned a rub and tug from ARibuildm Has earned a rub and tug from ARibuildm Has earned a rub and tug from ARibuildm Has earned a rub and tug from AR

$40 is one tank of premium gas at the current gas price. I am sure everybody can afford that much. With the economy the way it is we all will have to pay a little more to enjoy our sport.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Prospect

Ace freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from AR

33,000 registered sleds....

The new proposed increase.....2,433,750
Old price..............................1,113,750
---------
Difference 1,320,000

Ace
Old 05-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Just Got Here

Casey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WSSA Board

It IS time we (WSSA) make a final decision on what we are endorsing so we can start to garner support. Nick does have a point even though he may be berating WSSA in the process of bringing it to our attention. He does have a vested interest as he is one of the contracted groomers on I-90 for the winter program and I believe he is letting too much of that emotion into the conversation. NOW is time for an increase and it must happen in the next legislative session without fail. WSSA has voted in favor of a registration increase & We cannot keep solely chasing pennies on the dollar with the Fuel Tax increase, not saying we should give up on it but lets face it, it will not even come close to closing the gap in funding we need to keep the program alive. The motorized group does not have the ability to simply enact a fee increase, it MUST happen through the State Legislature and we will be rallying hard to get the legislation pushed through to insure the program is sustainable for years to come.

WSSA voted for (and has not backed off, nor recinded) the $40.00 registration increase at the last budget meeting. We are re-evaluating the actual dollar amount & I can assure you it is not on the back burner and is still very much the top issue facing us today. Our next official meeting is in August and this issue will be discussed and a final plan put in place to seek the change to the legislation in the next session. Details regarding that meeting can be found on WSSA Website and you are welcome to send the board members your thoughts/comments/concerns, we are listening...

Have a great weekend, still some fantastic spring riding out there~

Casey Kuhlman
WSSA Membership Secretary
Old 06-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Prospect

Ace freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from ARAce freely Has earned a rub and tug from AR

So where does this stand right now? Has ANYONE asked Rob McKenna his views? How about Inslee? How will the extra money be spent? I'm for paying more for better services, but an extra 1.1+ makes me wonder if that much is in fact needed...

Ace

Last edited by Ace freely; 06-25-2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Bad math!!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:49 AM

WaBackcountry Has earned a rub and tug from ARWaBackcountry Has earned a rub and tug from ARWaBackcountry Has earned a rub and tug from ARWaBackcountry Has earned a rub and tug from ARWaBackcountry Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I think the $40 increase could be tolerated but paying additional for a sno park pass and discover pass is over the top.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Just Got Here

snowrider is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately nothing has changed yet..... hopefully we can revive the grooming funds at some point to a sustainable program.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > WASHINGTON