Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > NEW MEXICO

Old 08-13-2013, 12:55 PM

RideAlaska.com Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideAlaska.com Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideAlaska.com Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideAlaska.com Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideAlaska.com Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideAlaska.com Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Angry The BIG move

I'm moving from Alaska to Texas and riding sleds is my thing. I have a '12 Pro and I'm wondering just how far would I have to drive to see deep pow like Alaska has or any at all. Should I sell it and switch power sports or does NM have something to offer. I ride every weekend so I'm a die hard rider and my heart is breaking as I type. ♥♥♥♥in wives!!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 01:00 PM

RideAlaska.com Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideAlaska.com Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideAlaska.com Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideAlaska.com Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideAlaska.com Has earned a rub and tug from ARRideAlaska.com Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Those hearts is a 4 letter word that starts with an F.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:06 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Southwestern CO has some good riding. :dunno
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:47 PM
REBEL

sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR
sledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from ARsledfreakco Has earned a rub and tug from AR

pretty sure theres some snow in nm....
Old 08-13-2013, 06:45 PM
REBEL

theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP
theultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLPtheultrarider Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideAlaska.com View Post
Those hearts is a 4 letter word that starts with an F.
Exwives are better. They just cost more
Old 08-14-2013, 05:47 AM
REBEL

thebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from AR
thebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Welcome to my world! I live a little east of San Antonio and I drive to Southern CO to ride. From my house I have a 10.5 drive to Santa Fe and then I head north to various spots. Add another 2.5 - 3 hours to get into SoCo from there for good riding. Yes people call me crazy but I love riding. If you like deep, steep and technical, it's there. Look at some of Matt Entz's videos and some of the Boondockers series have scenes from SoCo. There is riding in NM but the good riding sits just inside CO's border.

I grew up trail riding up North and didn't know a thing about mountain riding. I thought I was done with sleds but then I discovered the old Snowest. From there I found a great group of guys and I've been riding with them since 2008. Sure, I don't get 2k miles a year but I usually make 4-6 long weekend trips. Some days it is so deep I only put on 35 miles. We also ride at a higher elevation than you are used to - 10k is the unload point. I come from sea level so the first trip always whoops my butt.

Moving to TX isn't a death knell for you. You can still ride some very good terrain if you're willing to make a drive. I would say let's carpool but I'm in the process of moving to NM. After years of trying to convince the wife she has finally agreed. Now I can have the mountains ALL the time. :-)

If you move to SA, the best route is out I-10 all the way to Fort Stockton and then take 285 north. I-10 is 80mph for most of your drive. 285 can be run at 80mph or greater for most of it.

I understand and feel your pain of moving to TX. I won't sugar coat it. Summers are unbearable for me. Everyday for weeks now it has been over 100*.

Lastly, you should see the looks you get with a sled sticking out the back of the truck in South Texas! I've had people ask what kind of motorcycle it is. Holler at me if you need more info.

Tim

Rebel #335

Old 08-14-2013, 08:35 AM
REBEL

boondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLP
boondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLP

as said above , there is great riding in soco , we ride every weekend up there , nothing but trees for us , thats where the goods are , look us up when the snow flies....................
Old 08-21-2013, 01:19 PM

Thanks fellas. I'm giving my wife a disgruntled employee attitude everyday. That's all we (husbands) are anyway, employees or slaves to the cooter lol. So, I should pack the sled up and tow it to Texas!! Got it. Looks like my weekend trips to the mountains just got even more expensive. She asked for it. I will b contacting u guys for riding buddies and direction this winter. Don't let the dark skin fool u, I rides Brah!!!!! Thanks Again
Old 08-21-2013, 01:26 PM
REBEL

thebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from AR
thebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from ARthebigtreeman Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Haha, no worries man! We are a motley crew anyway. Plus, with the Pro, you'll fit right in here.

See ya this winter. BTW, where will you be in Texas?

Rebel #335

Old 08-23-2013, 03:45 AM

Dallas area.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > NEW MEXICO