Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > GPS / SAFETY / COMMUNICATION DEVICES

Old 07-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Just Got Here

hoosier is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GPS

Thanks a lot for posting this info! I have a 60csx. Lots of good tips in here. Looking forward to getting mine out and comparing settings to this.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:00 AM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Some further clarification on the "new" feature with the 78 - "Record, Do Not Show". There were some questions on this topic in other forums.

In the 78, (MENU)(MENU), Setup menu, Tracks, then "Track Log" gives you three options. "Do Not Record" is the same as "Off" on the 60/76.

"Record, Show On Map" and "Record, Do Not Show" can be configured on the 60/76 in the Map Setup page.
Turning "Track Log" to "Off" == "Record, Do Not Show" when track logging is "On" in the tracks page.
Alternatively, and this may be a better way to do it ... set the "Track Points" to a really small number like 10, to show a short tail of where you've been. This way you know it's on and logging, but the track log doesn't clutter up the screen. Also gives you a good idea of your heading.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 08-10-2013, 02:00 AM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

• Mass Storage Mode
This mode effectively turns your GPS into an expensive MicroSD card reader.

With the unit plugged into a computer through an A-MiniB USB cable...
(MENU)(MENU), "Setup", "Interface", and at the bottom is the "Mass Storage Mode" button.

With the GPS in this mode you can access the data on the card as if it were plugged into a card reader on your computer. Mounts as a drive letter in windows or a volume on the desktop on Mac. Move tracks around, install maps, whatever. Until you unmount the unit (Right-click, "Eject" in windows, or drag the volume into the trash/eject icon in the dock on Mac), reboot it manually holding the (POWER) key, or unplug the USB cable, it will stay in this mode and will not track GPS satellites or be usable as a Garmin Spanner device. I can't even grab a screenshot with the device in MSM. It's got a cute picture of the receiver plugged into a tower PC.

If you're moving large amounts of data (like installing maps), I HIGHLY recommend a card reader - The GPS functions at USB 1.1 speeds - very slow. What takes hours through the GPS will take minutes through a card reader. Fair warning.

#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!

Last edited by Mule; 08-10-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > GPS / SAFETY / COMMUNICATION DEVICES