Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Grilling, Smoking, and BBQ

Old 07-09-2013, 11:33 AM
"SECRET SERVICE"

intmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLP
intmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLP
Default Bro, do you even flip

no matter where ya look, someone says only flip once, or another says flip lots.

wtf
Old 07-09-2013, 12:00 PM
"Resident two-year old"

Graveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLP
Graveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLPGraveler Offical PLP

Does blocked on FB mean hate?
Old 07-09-2013, 12:26 PM
"Little Creep"

TROUT HUNTER has disabled reputation

Bobby Flay says to only flip once.....
Old 07-09-2013, 12:56 PM
"SECRET SERVICE"

intmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLP
intmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLPintmid8or! Offical PLP

that's the general rule ive always gone by, but today im reading flip often for more even cook
Old 07-09-2013, 01:12 PM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Depends on what I am cooking. Steaks and such flip once, other things like brats I flip every sip of drink, gives it a more even cook. Burgers some I flip a lot others only once, fatter burgers I flip more often to get more of the grease out but leaner mixes like deer burger I flip once because they need to hold the fats they do have.

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 07-09-2013, 01:14 PM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Steaks/fish and such I usually cook on the bottom, flip, cook on top.. then flip to reheat, flip again, and serve.

Burgers get cooked on each side, flip then throw cheese on.

Because. Muhfuggin. Cheeseburgers.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 07-09-2013, 01:24 PM
"Installing in the Dirty Pic Thread"

-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP
-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP-Z- Offical PLP

I usually flip only once unless I fawk up and flip to early the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSICK View Post
go fawk yourself........

There is my appology.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:05 PM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
I usually flip only once unless I fawk up and flip to early the first time
Thats what she says you did.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Walkin' tall machine gun man

Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR

When I do steaks over an inch I place them over the coals for one minute, turn, 1 more minute then flip. 1 minute then turn for another minute then place on top rack or away from coals for about 4 mins, flip again for another 3 mins....rarer the better.

burgers....the more I drink the more they get flipped

drumsticks 2 mins, rotate 1/4 turn 2 mins 1/4 turn 2 mins 1/4 turn 1 min, place on top rack.

Hot dogs....run them black and crispy

corn, in the husk 4-5 mins each 1/4 turn

Butterflied whole chicken - breast side down for 3 mins top over coals get a good sear, flip, pour beer on it and move to top rack for about 15-20, get some of them carcinogens in it MMMMMMmmmm tastayyyyy

pork chops same as steaks.

roasts mmmm grilled chuck roast, split your coals, sear it 2 -3 mins on each side then place in middle over water bath til internal temp is at 130-135

asparagus, on tinfoil with evvo and a bit of salt and pepper, over hot coals roughly 4-5 mins until they start getting wrinkly

baby bellas, pull out the stem, wash and pat dry, brush some evvo around the edges and sprinkle with coarse black pepper and seasalt. place them on top rack NOT over the coals, they are done when they are full of their own juices, now that is a crowd pleaser and super easy

I honestly don't think it matters how many times you flip it, just remember, if you're lookin' you ain't cookin
Old 07-29-2013, 01:20 PM
CAPTAIN

Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP
Bump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLPBump Offical PLP

I get each side of pretty much everything twice. Cooks faster, more evenly, and leaves the little cross hatch marks for looks. I am also an advocate of get in and get out. Dont screw around and let all the heat out.

If you are going to screw around, then only one flip to cook faster/more evenly.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Grilling, Smoking, and BBQ